Windows 10: hdmi display not recognized

Discus and support hdmi display not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just plugged in a hdmi monitor to my laptop. Display will not detect it. what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Beth Hoffmann, Jul 4, 2018.

1. hdmi display not recognized

I just plugged in a hdmi monitor to my laptop. Display will not detect it. what do i do?

:)

Beth Hoffmann, Jul 4, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jan 29, 2020
  4. hdmi display not recognized

My S27H850QFM HDMI Samsung Display is not recognized by Windows 10 PC

My HDMI Samsung Display S27H850QFM is not recognized by Windows 10 PC

HDMI cnnection

NVIDIA GE FORCE 1030

MarcGuerchon, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

hdmi display not recognized

1. hdmi display not recognized - Similar Threads - hdmi display recognized

2. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  3. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  4. Windows 10 Update Fails to Recognize HDMI Displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Fails to Recognize HDMI Displays: Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 update earlier this week. After the update the HDMI port with external display is unrecognized. Trying to pick Device Driver in Devins manger window is a fail. Windows only recognized motherboard graphic driver and ignores external monitor. I had a...
  5. Windows 10 Update Fails to Recognize HDMI Displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Fails to Recognize HDMI Displays: Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 update earlier this week. After the update the HDMI port with external display is unrecognized. Trying to pick Device Driver in Devins manger window is a fail. Windows only recognized motherboard graphic driver and ignores external monitor. I had a...
  6. Windows 10 Update Fails to Recognize HDMI Displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HDMI display

HDMI display: I have plugged the HDMI cable into my ASUSVivoBook with windows 10 and my tv. When I turn my TV on the computer is not displayed on the screen. * I have checked that the TV is displaying the same HDMI port that the computer is plugged into. I have tried different...
  8. HDMI Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI Display: Hello, I have poor eye sight and need a TV monitor to see the computer screen. I have a Dell OptiPlex windows 10 and when I first got it had trouble getting it to display on the HDMI screen. I spoke with the Dell service rep at the time who helped me connect to the TV. But...
  9. The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The HDMI soundbar is recognized as a monitor, anyway to delete the display but keep the sound?: I have a dual monitor using displayports, and a HDMI soundbar plugged in the gfx 1080. The soundbar is recognized as a third display and sometimes some window would pop onto the 3rd display and I have no way of accessing it. I tried disconnect the 3rd display but it also...
  10. Computer Not Recognizing HDMI

Computer Not Recognizing HDMI: Just got a brand new Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I am trying to connect my laptop both to a monitor and separate to our TV. Neither work, but work for other coworkers. I tried two different HDMI cords, and it doesn't even seem to recognize that I have something plugged in. Whenever I...