Windows 10: HDMI Driver Issue... I think!

Discus and support HDMI Driver Issue... I think! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a monitor with Analog and HDMI connections. The analog works fine, but the screen simply flickers in HDMI mode. I've tried deleting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mmshipon, May 12, 2016.

1. mmshipon Win User

HDMI Driver Issue... I think!

I have a monitor with Analog and HDMI connections. The analog works fine, but the screen simply flickers in HDMI mode. I've tried deleting and re-installing the Intel HD Graphics driver. In Device Manager, it looks like the USB device fails, giving me "Unkown USB Device" and "Device Descriptor Request Failed messages. Also, I tried downloading the specific monitor driver from the Samsung site. Following, are my system specs:
    - Dell Vostro 260 Desktop, Intel i3-2120, 8GB Ram
    - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1511, build 10586.318
    - Samsung S22E310 monitor
    - Intel HD Graphics (on board), driver version 9.17.10.4229, driver date 5/27/15
    I'd prefer to use the HDMI connection for obvious reasons. Your help would be apprciated.
    Thanks,
    Martin

:)

mmshipon, May 12, 2016

2. No HDMI audio output

Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I lost my HDMI audio, hired a tech to fix it, he did the same trouble shooting steps as I did. I am like totally frustrated with Microsoft. I wait patiently for them to do a HDMI driver audio fix so I can get audio
    back out of my monitor(s) with a "S". I know this is a driver issue(software) not hardware. I have even changed out the HDMI cord in trouble shooting. From what I have read here, Microsoft should be making this a priority to fix the HDMI issue. I "am" thinking
    Apple next.

FrankHoush, May 12, 2016
  3. Bolanator Win User
    No surround via XFX 6950 HDMI after Installing Windows 10

No dice on any of that. I have it connected via HDMI to my Vizio smart TV, which then passes audio to the surround via optical. This was never an issue, but I'll try using the HDMI pass through on the receiver to see if it then sees that I have surround.
    I don't think that's the fix. I think that the video card needs to be upgraded to use the 15.7 driver. Well that's the catalyst version the driver is 15.2. Within the catalyst program, there is no "audio" selection to configure anything.

Ok, tried the pass through & no surround, still just stereo. Audio driver is installed.

Bolanator, May 12, 2016
  4. litvcom Win User

litvcom, May 12, 2016
  5. mmshipon Win User
    Just tried to download the Omega 5.0 driver and was forced to install all sorts of malware. Spent the last hour cleaning up the pc. What bs!

mmshipon, May 13, 2016
  6. litvcom Win User
    litvcom, May 13, 2016
  7. mmshipon Win User
    I was able to get and install the driver you suggested. It updated the Intel HD Graphic to driver version 10.17.10.4229 with a driver date of 11/3/2015. Unfortunately, I still cannot run the monitor in HDMI mode. The scrren stays dark with a slight flickering.

mmshipon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HDMI Driver Issue... I think! - Similar Threads - HDMI Driver Issue

2. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  3. Issue with display I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with display I think: Everytime I move my mouse in a game the edges sharpen or glitch out, I dont know what the problem is or if it is visible with video:IMG 6467 youtube.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-display-i-think/4b943c02-ec51-4633-b704-eb45e7da4498
  4. BSOD I think one of my drivers are causing the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD I think one of my drivers are causing the issue: I've had an issue where my pc would bluescreen for pretty much no reason and only when Im watching youtube or doing nothing, never when im playing a game or streaming. I need a professional to look over the memory dmp file and to tell me what exactly the problem is, and I...
  5. BSOD I think one of my drivers are causing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD I think one of my drivers are causing the issue: I've had an issue where my pc would bluescreen for pretty much no reason and only when Im watching youtube or doing nothing, never when im playing a game or streaming. I need a professional to look over the memory dmp file and to tell me what exactly the problem is, and I...
  6. HDMI issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI issues: I hope you can help with this problem which is now unbelievably frustrating :- After working fine for ages, my HDMI connection has given up the ghost. I have my laptop connected to an external TV using two HDMI posts and the appropriate cable. Suddenly, it stopped working....
  7. Drivers and firmware, I think.

Drivers and firmware, I think.: My keyboard stopped working altogether and the screen began to flicker. Can someone please direct me to the most up-to-date drivers and firmware for a SurfacePro 4 64 bit system? This happened after an update. Thank you in advance. Cornell...
  8. hdmi issues

hdmi issues: hello I just bought a brand new hp and when I plug in the hdmi to my tv it just makes a beeping sound and the screen turns on and off. any sugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-issues/9d29aca3-7b9e-4580-8211-eacc66141e46
  9. Graphics issues , I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics issues , I think: After I installed Win 10 on my computer , I have found an error . It is a game that my daughter plays , Star stable Online. I have tried to fix it myself but I do not know how [img] 14735
  10. I think it's a driver issue...

I think it's a driver issue...: So posting this here. For both my older Dell laptop and my newer Alienware (though 4 years old), it took until early/mid Sept. last year before I got the msg that my computers were now ready for the Win 10 upgrade. I did the older one, 1st, as it is used primarily for...