Windows 10: HDMI external monitor: adjust brightness according to profile/day time

Discus and support HDMI external monitor: adjust brightness according to profile/day time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, OS: win10 Familly I use an external hdmi monitor on a notebook, in that case I only use the external monitor (viz no dual display). I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by philart, May 18, 2017.

1. philart Win User

HDMI external monitor: adjust brightness according to profile/day time

Hello,

I use an external hdmi monitor on a notebook, in that case I only use the external monitor (viz no dual display).

I can adjust the brightness of:
    * the notebook screen with the "Sun up" and "Sun down" key on the keyboard.
    * the external monitor with the menu on the monitor, but modifying on the monitor is cumbersome: need to call the menu, then "Picture", than "Brightness", then OK, then adjust with + and -, then finally confirm.

As the day light vary, from a bright sunny to dark, I noticed it's very relaxing to adjust the brightness between 100% (sunny) to 40% (dark).
    How is it possible to "easily" adjust the external monitor brightness?

1/ The "Sun" up and down key only functions for the notebook, not for the external monitor - it's quick & easy.
    Is it possible to apply to the external monitor?

2/ There are browser add-ons for that, but then it's bound to the browser, not all other apps.

Ideally, I would like to create 3 profiles of brightness or have some simple + and - keyboard shortcuts to adjust the hdmi brightness.

Thanks

REF:
    Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

:)

philart, May 18, 2017

2. screen

Hi Marnicia,

You can reduce the brightness of your computer by following the steps below:

1. Select Start Windows logo Start button.

2. Choose Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon, then select
    System > Display.

3. Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness according to your preference.

Some PCs can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions. To check if your PC supports this, in
    Display settings, under Brightness and color, look for the
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes check box, and then select it to use this feature. This automatic setting can help you in making sure that your screen is readable wherever you go. Even if you use it, you can still adjust
    the Change brightness slider to fine-tune the brightness level.

Note: You might not see the Change brightness slider on desktop PCs that have an external monitor. To change the brightness on an external monitor, use the
    buttons on it.

Should you encounter future issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. We are happy to help you out.

Lizette Ags, May 18, 2017
  3. Extended display settings keep resetting after sleep, hibernate, shut down

My Surface Pro 4 is connected to a Lenovo Ll2223sw Wide LCD via a DVI to HDMI with an HDMI to mini-Display Port adapter (Made by Microsoft). The problem is that the settings (contrast, brightness) that I select on the monitor keep resetting every time
    I turn on the Surface or wake it from Sleep or Hibernate. Does anyone have a solution that saves my settings? I assumed they would save since I'm adjusting them via the monitor and
    not the Surface.

Anthony Jr.Vigil, May 18, 2017
Thema:

HDMI external monitor: adjust brightness according to profile/day time

1. HDMI external monitor: adjust brightness according to profile/day time - Similar Threads - HDMI external monitor

2. Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook: Hello community,i got a notebook and have the option Settings > System > Display > Brightness & Color > "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"enabled. This is working as expected when using the internal notebook display.Whenever i have my...
  3. Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook: Hello community,i got a notebook and have the option Settings > System > Display > Brightness & Color > "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"enabled. This is working as expected when using the internal notebook display.Whenever i have my...
  4. Brightness wont adjust on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness wont adjust on second monitor: My main computer is an Asus Vivobook 14 running Windows 10. My secondary is an acer monitor, it wont change the brightess on the acer. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  5. External Monitor too bright

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor too bright: Acer external monitor on Windows 10 32 bit. There is no physical button on the monitor offering brightness control. There is no way of getting into the User option which you can move to but not change And Windows does not offer a brightness control/slider Help!...
  6. Unable to adjust monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust monitor brightness: Hello, I am having an issue where I am unable to adjust the brightness of my monitor through Windows (I'd very much like not to have to use my monitor's brightness control) I have a GTX 1060 and a Ryzen 3700x I am sure my GPU drivers are up to date, I have tried using both...
  7. Answered: How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.

Answered: How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.: Hi All, I saw this post/question, original question by DaveDRAFT: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-brightness-on-external-monitor-in/1ac17cfe-a9a6-4750-85ca-ac67aac89dfd since perculiarly microsoft doesn't let me comment on the above...
  8. How to adjust monitor brightness

How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234
  9. How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.

How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.: Is there a way to change the brightness on an external monitor hooked up to my Surface? The brightness slider under display settings is grayed out. (Windows 10) I can adjust the brightness through the buttons on the monitor itself but it's a terrible interface. This is...
  10. Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..

Can't adjust brightness or connect to a monitor..: Hey guys, just updated to windows ten with my Sony Vaio 14 touchscreen laptop. 2 things ive noticed so far that have been bugging me is 1. I cannot adjust my brightness with the f5 & f6 keys like i could before... nor do i know how to changed the brightness now at all. Also...