Windows 10: HDMI Forum Announces Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification

Discus and support HDMI Forum Announces Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Las Vegas, Nevada – January 4, 2017 - HDMI Forum, Inc. today announced the upcoming release of Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification. This latest HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

HDMI Forum Announces Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification

Source: HDMI :: Press Release

:)

Brink, Jan 6, 2017

2. HDR won't enable!

Unfortunately they don't make DP 1.4 to HDMI yet, you might have to wait until the next HDMI standard is released, 2.1 iirc.

Why can't you use an HDMI cable from your GPU to your TV? That's what I do and HDR works flawlessly, at least it did until today when the issue I described above started happening.

SebbyWells, Jan 6, 2017
  3. Remote camera

Hi,

The HDMI In capability of the alienware method was only to route the HDMI directly to the laptop's panel.

There is a specific "webcam protocol" that hardware adheres to to be used as a webcam. HDMI is definitely not part of it. You need a to capture the HDMI input first, the output a compressed stream as an input device.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Jan 6, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Unfortunately some of these advvances come at a price -- not necessarily money costs.

This new HDMI standard has so much encryption / DRM that you will only be able to play content on a specific device -- this is IMO a backward step - particularly for people on the move,

Streaming isn't always the best solution either -- loads of times you want the convenience of being able to download content to play later -- or you might not want to or have the time to watch the entire program in one session when it's being streamed.

I've enough problems with current 4K content -- that's almost impossible to download to play on other devices already.

I LIKE new technology - but not at the expensive of convenience and portability.

I'm also a bit sceptical in what size TV you would actually need in a home to really distinguish between 4K and 8K content -- with the building of ever smaller units of accommodation these days I really can't see a 120 inch TV or bigger being able to squeeze into a typical N.Y or L.A apartment. !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 6, 2017
  5. That was always the intended purpose of HDMI.

Any end user benefits are unintentional and completely coincidental.

lehnerus2000, Jan 8, 2017
  6. Couldn't have said it better *Biggrin

CountryBumkin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HDMI Forum Announces Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification - Similar Threads - HDMI Forum Announces

2. Connect 1 HDMI to 2 external systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect 1 HDMI to 2 external systems: I'm sure this has probably been asked, but my search-fu is failing me.I have a laptop computer with one HDMI port on it. The external monitor that I'm currently using is on it's way out which isn't surprising, since it's an eMachines monitor and that brand was retired in...
  3. Connect 1 HDMI to 2 external systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect 1 HDMI to 2 external systems: I'm sure this has probably been asked, but my search-fu is failing me.I have a laptop computer with one HDMI port on it. The external monitor that I'm currently using is on it's way out which isn't surprising, since it's an eMachines monitor and that brand was retired in...
  4. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  5. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  6. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 2 HDMI ports only 1 works

2 HDMI ports only 1 works: Intel i7-9700F @ 3GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti I have one Monitor hooked up works fine and I'm attempting to hook up a 2nd monitor to the 2nd HDMI display port on the PC yet NOTHING happens. Both HDMI cables and Both Monitors work when using the initial...
  8. audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...

audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...: so my hdmi out wasnt working and i found one of these device options had a warning like symbol so i just disabled it and re-enabled it and that fixed it... i saw many other loooooong threads about this topic and i just hope someone finds this and doesnt waste their time...
  9. 2 hdmi ports

2 hdmi ports: Hello , I recently took apart my computer cabels and moved it - now while setting up i see 2 hdmi do i plug straight into the graphic card or into the circuit board. i want the best and dont want to do anything stupid please help me out. Thank you...
  10. HDMI Forum releases version 2.1 of HDMI specification

in Windows 10 News
    HDMI Forum releases version 2.1 of HDMI specification: SAN JOSE, California – November 28, 2017 - HDMI Forum, Inc. today announced the release of Version 2.1 of the HDMI® Specification which is now available to all HDMI 2.0 adopters. This latest HDMI Specification supports a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates...