Windows 10: HDMI/No sound

Discus and support HDMI/No sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottFreday, Aug 1, 2018.

1. HDMI/No sound

How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected.

:)

ScottFreday, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 1, 2018
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Aug 1, 2018
  4. kevfas Win User

HDMI/No sound

no sound through hdmi to tv

this doesn't work there are no devices showing only the speakers there are none hidden or disabled

kevfas, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

HDMI/No sound

1. HDMI/No sound - Similar Threads - HDMI sound

2. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  3. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  4. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  6. No sound on HDMI TV

No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  7. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.: Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-to-tv-windows-10-hdmi-no-sound/6d89adf5-f6e3-45a0-b618-3c64d90fa81e
  9. Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.

Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.: Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-to-tv-windows-10-hdmi-no-sound/6d89adf5-f6e3-45a0-b618-3c64d90fa81e
  10. Toshiba Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound.

in Windows 10 Customization