Windows 10: HDMI not working following Windows update

Discus and support HDMI not working following Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had my internet connections set to metred for over a year because I like to get my computer set up so it is working and then not mess with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AversionToWindowsUpdates, Jul 21, 2018.

1. HDMI not working following Windows update

I had my internet connections set to metred for over a year because I like to get my computer set up so it is working and then not mess with it.

Recently new software was complaining that my Windows 10 build was too old, so I let it completely update. Following the updates I have found that my HDMI port no longer works. I Googled the problem and found suggestions that it is because of a problem with the Intel graphics driver. I have a Optimus laptop that runs an NVidia 960M through what I thought was an Intel 550.

I removed the installed Intel driver which claimed to be for the Intel 530. I turned off the automatic driver updates and installed the same Intel driver I had previously installed (I had kept the install exe in my downloads folder as a back up). However, it installed as the Intel 530, and the HDMI port still does not work. It's probable that I am mistaken about it being the 550, but I mention here in case this is a relevant known issue.

:)

AversionToWindowsUpdates, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 21, 2018
  3. HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 21, 2018
  4. HDMI not working following Windows update

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

HDMI not working following Windows update

1. HDMI not working following Windows update - Similar Threads - HDMI working following

2. HDMI not working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not working after Windows update.: I can't get my HDMI port to work after updating Windows 11. I'm working on an HP Laptop 15 with Intel Core i7-8550u. The graphics card is Intel Graphics UHD 620. I've reinstalled the latest driver that I can find. Are there any other solutions for this problem?...
  3. HDMI not working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working after Windows update.: I can't get my HDMI port to work after updating Windows 11. I'm working on an HP Laptop 15 with Intel Core i7-8550u. The graphics card is Intel Graphics UHD 620. I've reinstalled the latest driver that I can find. Are there any other solutions for this problem?...
  4. HDMI not working after last windows update.

HDMI not working after last windows update.: Some days ago, windows update stop responding, windows couldn't be dragged, tabs couldn't be switched to, the mouse and keyboard stopped working, changing several keyboards and mouses, only bluetooth microsoft conveniently worked. Logitech and SteelSeries stopped working. I...
  5. HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows

HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows: My HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows. The update was on May 11th. I have tried to update the driver but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-is-not-working-after-an-update-on/3a71a7c9-eadd-4b2b-b192-3707687f17d0
  6. Computer not working following update to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not working following update to Windows 11: Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able to restart but then the desktop looked different and I could not click on anything for setting or the start menu.So I tried...
  7. Computer not working following update to Windows 11

Computer not working following update to Windows 11: Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able to restart but then the desktop looked different and I could not click on anything for setting or the start menu.So I tried...
  8. stuff dont work following windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuff dont work following windows update: Windows installed updates a few days ago. Since then, many things do not work, such as my start button, my search window on the taskbar, and many other tasks on the task bar are on strike. I was connected to an expert, that told me there were issues with the update and...
  9. Apps not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not working following Windows update: Recently, every time I permit a Windows 10 update (twice in the last few days), non-Windows apps stop working. I can then sometimes get the apps running by uninstalling and reinstalling. This is just the latest in a long and ever-growing list of incidents since Windows 10...
  10. Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates: Recently, following updates to Windows 10, I have not been able to receive my e-mail. Can anyone give a solution please? 100696

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update hdmi out starts and stops 2019