Windows 10: HDMI not working on my Acer Aspire (might be a problem with the OS?)

Discus and support HDMI not working on my Acer Aspire (might be a problem with the OS?) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I bought this laptop in January of 2016, so it's been a year and a half, it's a Acer Aspire ES1-512, I'm running on Windows 10. This week, I was about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by matt77, Aug 16, 2017.

1. matt77 Win User

HDMI not working on my Acer Aspire (might be a problem with the OS?)

I bought this laptop in January of 2016, so it's been a year and a half, it's a Acer Aspire ES1-512, I'm running on Windows 10. This week, I was about to watch a movie, I plugged my HDMi cable in my TV, and then in my laptop, and suddenly there was no sign of detecting my computer, it seems as if my HDMI port had suddenly died. Of course, I tried different cable and different TV screens, it seems obvious now that there is a problem with the HDMI on my computer (I also planned to write on the Acer community but the forums are down right now lol...).

I tried doing some updates on my Windows, but I am wondering if there is a way to replace the driver or maybe there is something I am missing regarding my settings in Windows 10 regarding the HDMI port.
    I can give you more information, I've just noticed, when I plugged the HDMI cable in my TV screen, it looks like my TV is detecting something since the wire icon appears under HDMI 2...
    The problem is that there is nothing going on my laptop screen and on the TV screen, it still says No Signal I don't understand why it detects when I plug it in my computer, but there is no signal. And just to be clear, I also tried on another TV, it's definitely my laptop.

Thanks, would love to solve this problem, I hope my HDMI port didn't die after only a year

:)

matt77, Aug 16, 2017
  2. Wiffle_53 Win User

Acer laptop HDMI not working with Windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. My external Acer monitor (G276HL) was working fine with my Acer laptop(Aspire 7745G) with Windows 7. With Windows 10 the external monitor does not get a signal via the HDMI port. I switched to a VGA hookup and this
    allowed me to use my external monitor. Why does the HDMI hookup no longer work?

Wiffle_53, Aug 16, 2017
  3. Acer laptop HDMI not working with Windows 10

AlejandraGonzález Barrón, Aug 16, 2017
  4. HDMI not working on my Acer Aspire (might be a problem with the OS?)

Settings > System > Display, does it show both displays?
    If Yes, Press the Windows Logo Key, *Start and the P key and select extend and see what happens.
    If no have a look in Device manager > Monitors and in Display Adapters for any yellow ! etc.

alphanumeric, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

HDMI not working on my Acer Aspire (might be a problem with the OS?)

1. HDMI not working on my Acer Aspire (might be a problem with the OS?) - Similar Threads - HDMI working Acer

2. The mic of my acer aspire 5 stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The mic of my acer aspire 5 stopped working: I was using WhatsApp web, sending a voice note, and my mic stopped working FROM NOTHING!And when I use an external mic, it's works as ussual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mic-of-my-acer-aspire-5-stopped-working/1fd4f033-350e-4ec5-aacc-904648fdbe13
  3. The mic of my acer aspire 5 stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mic of my acer aspire 5 stopped working: I was using WhatsApp web, sending a voice note, and my mic stopped working FROM NOTHING!And when I use an external mic, it's works as ussual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mic-of-my-acer-aspire-5-stopped-working/1fd4f033-350e-4ec5-aacc-904648fdbe13
  4. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  5. Battery problem on Acer Aspire A515-54G

Battery problem on Acer Aspire A515-54G: So a few days ago, the battery got completely discharged to 0%, then when I opened my laptop again, it was showing 100% charged, but when I unplugged, it shutdown instantly The orange light glows for 1-2 seconds after plugging in and then blue lights glows. Then I tried to...
  6. Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire 4752G Touchpad not working: my touchpad cant be detected, the synaptic p/s 2 driver at device manager is not working. saw this info message. not sure if this is due to ffc cable problem? because the ffc cable seems a bit worn out. Device ACPI\SYN1B45\4&21eaa156&0 had a problem starting. Driver...
  7. acer Aspire E5-511 laptop hdmi stopped working after windows update.

acer Aspire E5-511 laptop hdmi stopped working after windows update.: I need help with same problem that hasn;t been resolved for me yet. I coppied and pasted the following ... I tried updating the drivers for Intel, but windows informed me that I already have the best. I also tried updating the Realtek drivers, just in case there was a...
  8. Acer Aspire 5

Acer Aspire 5: Ive recently bought an acer aspire 5 A515 52 laptop. It was advertised as having a backlit keyboard which is one of the main reason I bought this laptop over the others. I cannot figure out how to turn it on, ive looked through settings and tried fn+f9. Does anyone know how...
  9. Microphone isn’t working with Acer Aspire

Microphone isn’t working with Acer Aspire: I have a problem with an old laptop Acer Aspire E5-571P running Windows 10. When I plug my headset into this laptop, headphones work without problems but the microphone records only static sounds. I’ve checked the headset on the other device, it works fine. I’ve also checked...
  10. Acer aspire e15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire e15: Why does my computer shut down my display when I plug in my battery charger. This has only happened since the latest Windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/acer-aspire-e15/9ebf7904-9876-4dfe-b7e9-524aa57e3f9d