Windows 10: HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

Discus and support HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a HP Pavilion G6 running on Windows 10 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series built in graphic card. Is there a detect HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheGreatPW, Jul 28, 2018.

1. HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

Hi everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion G6 running on Windows 10 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series built in graphic card.

Is there a detect HDMI feature in Windows 10? Oddly the system stopped sending the signal to the 2nd monitor.

I don't recall any settings changing other than the non-stop updates that Windows has every few days or couple of times a week.

Currently I'm using the VGA port to get access to the 2nd monitor (HP Pavilion 22xw).

Usually I'm able to resolve these things pretty quickly as we all are use to suffering with Windows issues over the years but I'm baffled in this case.

I would like to use my HDMI port for my 2nd monitor instead of using a VGA cord.

Any tips or advice here? I know the Community normally can help give some useful suggestions so I'm turning advice here. Appreciate it!

:)

TheGreatPW, Jul 28, 2018

2. No signal in 2nd HDMI port Windows 10

So I just got a Huion Kamvas GT-220v2 pen display(basically another monitor) and I tried to hook it up to my 2nd HDMI port on my computer, but I just get no signal. I did my own troubleshooting and switched the HDMI ports of my regular monitor and the
    Huion to see if it was the cable or something else. Well when I did the switch my Huion worked but my other monitor did not so it leaves to me believe something is up with my 2nd HDMI port. I have Radeon 5700 graphics card and the drivers are up to date.
    It also shows that I have 2 of them in my Device Manager. So I know its my 2nd HDMI port thats the problem but I have no idea how to fix it. It nothing on my computer either because it says everything works in the device manager. If anyone can help me please
    let me know.

TheNamesZero, Jul 28, 2018
  3. MAK_28211 Win User
    2nd Monitor on HDMI port not working on Dell 8900

Hi, I have updated the driver. I have read & followed Andre Da Costa article.

Summary of my problem.

I connect the 2nd monitor to the HDMI port

The 2nd monitor will turn on and establish connectivity with the computer

I am able to extend my desk top screen.

But, after leaving my desktop for an hour ( I do not have a laptop) both the desk top monitor and the 2nd monitor will go into sleep mode and will not wake up.

I have to disconnect the 2nd Monitor from the HDMI port

Then reboot my system.

Then reconnect the 2nd monitor

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

thank you

Mak

MAK_28211, Jul 28, 2018
  4. MAK_28211 Win User

HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

2nd Monitor on HDMI port not working on Dell 8900

Hello, I have a Dell 8900 tower running Windows 10. I have down loaded the drivers and tried the control panel to set up the second monitor on the HDMI port. However the 2nd monitor on the HDMI port is not functioning.

Any idea when Microsoft will resolve this issue? It is nearly impossible to run / develop multiple applications & plans on a single monitor.

Please HELP!!

Warm regards

MAK_28211, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

1. HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor? - Similar Threads - HDMI port suddenly

2. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  3. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  4. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  5. How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to send monitor a/v to second HDMI or Display Port: I am trying to hook up a vhs recorder to my Dell XPS 8900 computer to be able to record a/v onto a vhs tape. I have tried using both my second HDMI port, and my Display port with the proper converters to RCA input to the VHS recorder. How can I get the audio and video shown...
  6. HDMI to monitor no longer responding

HDMI to monitor no longer responding: I've got a generic 22-inch Dynex monitor hooked up to my Dell desktop running Win10. It has been a bit fussy connecting through the desktop's HDMI jack in the past, but it's been fine for more than a year ... until the 12/12 Win10 update. Suddenly I'm getting "no signal" on...
  7. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal: Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck. Suggestions welcome....
  8. Monitor no signal suddenly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor no signal suddenly: Okay so here's the deal. I downloaded Windows 10 three to four weeks back from Windows 8 and everything was working fine in that time period. Last Friday I'm in the middle of a game and my computer crashes and then reboots but my monitor is receiving absolutely no signal at...
  9. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672
  10. display port to hdmi no signal

display port to hdmi no signal: when i connect a dvi or hdmi from my gtx 780 to my acer H274HL Monitor all works fine but when i want to connect display port cable on my gtx 780 and the other side is hdmi that goes to my monitor than there is no signal at all i am running windows 10 64 bit enterprise and...