Windows 10: HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am using a ToGeeKa 2:1 HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10 and my Chromebook to my monitor. I also use another switcher for USB and sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lenberman, Jun 19, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10

I am using a ToGeeKa 2:1 HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10 and my Chromebook to my monitor. I also use another switcher for USB and sound outputs. The problem is that when I change from Windows to Chrome, turning off the desktop Windows computer, the computer gets a power back through the HDMI switch and the desktop power indicator light turns to amber. Even if I pull the power cord from the desktop there is still power bleeding back and I found it is coming in through the HDMI switch. Now I have to actually pull the HDMI jack from the switch when I am using the Chromebook. Is there a better way?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jun 19, 2018

2. Hot key or function to switch between audio output?

Does anyone know of a way to quickly switch audio outputs quickly in Windows 10? Right now I have to right click on the audio setting icon and manually switch between my headphones and my amp.

Easy Rhino, Jun 20, 2018
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I don't really feel like reading through all this as I'm just going to say my expierence here. I just hooked up my new 2x 5850's, installed a fresh windows, I am running my monitor off the HDMI from the videocard. I didn't have to touch underscan or overscan, I have no black bars, and it outputs audio through my monitor by just switch the output to HDMI. Not sure why you have so many steps listed.

1Kurgan1, Jun 20, 2018
  4. HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10

HDMI Switches - Video card issue

Video card direct to Projector is fine.
    Video card to Switch to Projector - issue - no output to the display (even though the switch LEDs show that it is recognizing the input ( from PC) and the output (to Projector)

I completely disconnected the VGA to get that permanently out of the equation as keep the PC as a single display unit. I went through dozens of Catalyst options ( there are hundreds) and optimized everything for a 720p display. All works nicely. I then powered off, reconnected it via the switch and rebooted. PC reboots, switch LEDs come on, but no output. Reboot and rewire without the switch - normal. The cable to the display is common. The cable to the switch is a variable so I could try swapping cables but pretty sure they are all the same. The display is HDMI 1.0 so that not very demanding.

But the switch works fine for other device

I wrote tech support at ADM/ATI to see what they say. Just found the support email for iogear (support@iogear.com ) so will give them a shout.

I think I may need to bite the bullet here on a new AVR to simple take care of this the HDMI switching nonsense and redeploy my faithful HK elsewhere. The PC is old too, but has been tweaked over the years with SSD drive, the video car d and Windows 10. It too may need to be redeployed if it doesn't play nicely with other devices, and I could explore a newer PC or HTPC or XBMC box. Regardless, a new AVR would help.

mediaman09, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10

1. HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI switch switch

2. Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch: Hello,I bought a physical HDMI switch for my setup, but when i switch monitors windows irregularily restarts and shows the Blue screan with the frown face Your pc ran into a problem that couldn't be handled.... Sometimes after 2, sometimes after more switches back and forth....
  3. Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch: Hello,I bought a physical HDMI switch for my setup, but when i switch monitors windows irregularily restarts and shows the Blue screan with the frown face Your pc ran into a problem that couldn't be handled.... Sometimes after 2, sometimes after more switches back and forth....
  4. HDMI Switch for Widescreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switch for Widescreen: https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07K2NZX8L/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hdmi%2Bsplitter&qid=1661264586&sprefix=HDMI%2Bspli%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-4&th=1 This is the splitter. ^^^ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFN64F2 This is...
  5. Input and output constantly switching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input and output constantly switching: I recently got a new gaming computer that has the RTX 3060no idea if that changes anything but I'll put that there graphics card. When I look in audio settings, my microphones and headphones are constantly being disabled, reenabled, and switching between which one is being...
  6. Input and output constantly switching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input and output constantly switching: I recently got a new gaming computer that has the RTX 3060no idea if that changes anything but I'll put that there graphics card. When I look in audio settings, my microphones and headphones are constantly being disabled, reenabled, and switching between which one is being...
  7. Input and output constantly switching

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. hdmi switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi switch: how should i change the hdmi video input https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-switch/12741eff-cbfe-46e2-9cc0-c27bb5ead0c8
  9. Quick sound output switch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick sound output switch?: I frequently need to route my audio to my TV, and back again. Best solution? Is there a way to get the sound icon thing to show up on all desktops? submitted by /u/Almost-a-Killa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpvaaw/quick_sound_output_switch/
  10. HDMI switch bleeds power

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI switch bleeds power: I am using a ToGeeKa 2:1 HDMI switch to switch output from Windows 10 and my Chromebook to my monitor. I also use another switcher for USB and sound outputs. The problem is that when I change from Windows to Chrome, turning off the desktop Windows computer, the computer gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to switch to hdmi on windows 10

2. how to switch hdmi on windows 10

3. how to switch to hdmi 2 on microsoft

4. switch to hdmi windows 10,
  5. how to switch on hdmi windows 10,
  6. output to hdmi windows 10,
  7. how to switch to hdmi windows 10,
  8. how to switch to hdmi,
  9. switch to hdmi output windows 10,
  10. switch to hdmi on pc,
  11. how to switch from pc to hdmi windows 10,