Windows 10: HDMI to Displayport video issue

Discus and support HDMI to Displayport video issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Cbarnhorst, Jun 27, 2016.

1. HDMI to Displayport video issue

I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on the videocard and HDMI input on the monitor. There seems to be a uni-directional vs bi-directional issue involved with DP, but I don't quite understand it. Anyway, the uni-directional choices I am seeing are in the wrong direction. Anybody dealt with this and what is your advice for me?

:)

Cbarnhorst, Jun 27, 2016
  2. Eric Ber Win User

NVIDA GeForce GTX 950, display not working

Hi,

A faulty video card is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to use the DisplayPort or HDMI port of your device. For us to assist you better. kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different HDMI or DisplayPort cable and check if you will still encounter the same issue?
    • Have you tried using only the DisplayPort or HDMI port to connect to a single monitor?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 27, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    I bought HD-500 DISPLAY ADAPTER and doesn't work on monitors with vga

One of the requirements for the adapter

To use the accessory, you need a Windows 10 Microsoft Lumia phone with Continuum and a USB-C™ connector supporting DisplayPort video output.
    You also need a display with a DisplayPort or HDMI connector
    or a compatible adapter.

You need a display with HDMI input

garym123, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

HDMI to Displayport video issue

1. HDMI to Displayport video issue - Similar Threads - HDMI Displayport video

2. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  3. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI: The essence of the problem: due to the fact that the HDMI port on my RTX 3060 failed, I had to connect a “DisplayPort -> HDMI” adapter and an HDMI cable from it to the TV. The video is transmitted wonderfully, but the sound is not. I connected it from another device with the...
  4. The system detects the DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter as HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  6. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  7. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?

HDMI & DisplayPort Daisy Chain?: Can I take HDMI out of my laptop, into a monitor, and then DisplayPort out of that monitor into a second monitor?I've tried, and can't make it work.Is there a setting or is this not possible?Thanks....
  9. Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cheap DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors?: I just bought a new Games PC the other day and decided to invest in a cheap bootleg DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor so I could connect it to my TV as well, and this was working great for a while until it didn't and now I'm worried I might have fried the DisplayPorts on my...
  10. Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort

Sound Problems with HDMI and DisplayPort: Dear Windows Community, I have encountered a strange problem: A few days ago I built a new PC with Windows 10 which is now connected to three displays 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI. One of these displays has speakers connected via DisplayPort, another doesn't have internal...