Windows 10: HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep

Discus and support HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I bought a new monitor last week and since setting it up I seem to be having some connection issues. In the past, I had one HDMI-out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by portachking, Apr 29, 2017.

1. HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new monitor last week and since setting it up I seem to be having some connection issues. In the past, I had one HDMI-out from the GPU to the AV Reciever by my TV (where I do most of my gaming) and a DVI out heading from my GPU to the PC monitor. It worked fine.

But, my old monitor stopped working last week so I purchased a new one. It doesn't have a DVI input so I purchased a Display-Port to HDMI cable which also works fine with the new monitor. The cable to the AV receiver hasn't been moved and is also working fine.

The problem though is that when I set-up my TV as the main display and the PC monitor falls asleep Windows seems to think it's connecting and reconnecting over and over again. I hear the hardware connection/disconnections sounds infinitely and the TV screen blinks a black screen every time.

I have tried a few solutions, mainly involving power-management settings. None of these worked except for disabling "USB Selective Suspend Setting", but then I was having connection trouble with my wireless devices like my mouse and steam controller.

My graphics card is a Gigabyte R9 290, and I am running Windows 10. Thanks in advance for helping me troubleshoot guys. Happy to participate and answer any questions to get this resolved.

:)

portachking, Apr 29, 2017

2. [Windows 10] HDMI monitor becomes undetected and detected repeatedly if it's switched to other devices.

Everything works fine with Windows 7.

I have 3 monitors, 2 DVI and 1 HDMI and I use the HDMI one as my main monitor.

I also have a headphone "MDR-HW700DS" and it has a HDMI switcher(3-in/1-out).

My PC and my Xbox1 are connected to the HDMI input1 and input2 of the switcher.

After upgrading to Windows 10, My main monitor(HDMI) will goes off and on in 1 second but repeatedly about every 5 seconds when I switch to display the Xbox1.

Which means, my main monitor(HDMI) will be disappeared(undetected) from the display settings for 1 second and suddenly be detected and remains only about 5 seconds, then loop.

It's really annoying and I can't do any multi-task in this situation, because one of my secondary(DVI) monitors will blink every 5 seconds.

When the main monitor is undetected, all the desktop icons and active-windows on it will be pushed to my secondary monitor(it will become the main monitor automatically) and also causes it to blink(like the blink after you adjust your display settings).
    And my main(HDMI) monitor will be detected in 1 second(all the desktop icons and active-windows will go back to main monitor), so the secondary monitor will blink again and remain steady for only 5 seconds, then the main(HDMI) monitor will be undetected again
    and looping.

This never happened when I was using Windows 7.

RickyTheBird, Apr 29, 2017
  3. my dell inspiron 5555 windows 10 will not connect to my hdtv via hdmi

thanks for the reply mike... the sec I plug in the hdmi into the laptop the hdtv blinks with a pic of my desktop and goes black and says no signal and my laptop screen turns off. when I unplug the hdmi cable from the laptop the screen comes back on and I
    can see the laptop has detected the tv and the details about the tv are displayed and disappear aafter a sec or two

Jamescleland1, Apr 29, 2017
Thema:

HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep

1. HDMI TV (Display 2) Blinks When my Monitor (Display 1) goes to sleep - Similar Threads - HDMI Display Blinks

2. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  3. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  4. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2

Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2: Hello,I have an issue where my connected monitor is displayed as display 2:And a "Ghost display" that i can't even see or control is shown as display 1Now when I boot or update the pc I can only see the rendered screen when windows has been loaded.This also means I cannot go...
  6. Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2

Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2: Hello,I have an issue where my connected monitor is displayed as display 2:And a "Ghost display" that i can't even see or control is shown as display 1Now when I boot or update the pc I can only see the rendered screen when windows has been loaded.This also means I cannot go...
  7. Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor not displaying when HDMI cable removed from TV.: Hello, I'd like to ask a question about my monitor. So when I am using my PC, I keep my HDMI cable plugged in to the TV which is connected to the CPU. However, when I unplug the HDMI cable, my monitor does not display anything. A message appears saying, "The current input...
  8. 2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor: I have a 2-monitor setup. As recently as yesterday 1/20/2020, the display settings had Display 1 on the left monitor main display and Display 2 on the right monitor. Today, Display 1 is on the right monitor regardless of how I configure the display settings. In the top...
  9. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  10. TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV displays the same stuff as monitor and now it goes to 640x480: Ok, im not that amazing with computers like some of you, but i NOW have 2 problems i posted my first 1 on AMD forums but no real answers so here is my problem. #1 I used to use 1 monitor then one day i decided why not just hook up a TV for a dual monitor setup but when i did...