Windows 10: HDR and WCG in Windows 10

Discus and support HDR and WCG in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by COCO-86, Jul 17, 2018.

1. COCO-86 Win User

HDR and WCG in Windows 10

Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC!

I use Windows 10 Pro with all the updates up to date,MSI Gtx 1070 video card drivers up to date on all components including BIOS motherboard update,Tv Lg 49SJ810V, and he has have the updated the firmware....

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 [​IMG] HDR and WCG in Windows 10 77c236f6-648a-4d54-9e80-f39c9e19cdfa?upload=true.png

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 9c46acf8-e4b2-43a5-ada8-3f4f9b55dddb?upload=true.png

:)

COCO-86, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers? You may also check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers and follow their instructions.

If you’re having problems displaying HDR content, you can try the steps outlined in this support article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

For more information about HDR requirements, please refer to this support article:
    Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jul 17, 2018
  3. chris_tm Win User
    HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

MSI 43GSVR 7Re laptop with 6gb Nvidia 1060

Samsung 32hg70 monitor

HDMI 2.0 connected to laptop using only Samsung monitor as display

HDR WCG is an available option to turn on (SDR slider is greyed out for some reason) - once turned on, Windows 10 asks 'Do you want to keep these settings?" Choose Yes,
    but HDR WCG remains off.

Both the 1060 and monitor are HDR capable. Both laptop and monitor are HDMI 2.0

Any thoughts on why HDR won't turn on?

chris_tm, Jul 17, 2018
  4. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713.

In here my equipment:

Display TV:
    Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI.
    HDMI Cable:
    UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable HDMI 2.0 Certified 18Gbps. No issues with this Cable under a PS4 Pro - HDR games.

Computer:

Zotac ci547-nano (Intel i5-7200u, Intel HD 620) --> I have been talking with their tech support to have a new BIOS and LSPCON Firmware update to be aligned with Intel HDR Whitepaper requirements. They already tested successfully the system (HDR compatibility)
    with two different Displays (none of them are TVs).

Windows Version:

Windows 10 x64 RS5 (latest build 17713)

Also tested on Windows 10 x64 RS4 (final build)

Intel Graphic Drivers:

24.20.100.6194 (latest release). Same issue also under previous versions.

In here an extract of my DxDiag report:

Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Color Primaries: Red(0.659180,0.339844), Green(0.244141,0.669922), Blue(0.129883,0.040039), White Point(0.312500,0.329102)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.010000, Max Luminance = 1499.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 799.000000

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: SAMSUNG

Monitor Id: SAM0DEF

Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: Displayport External

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: Not Supported

I also tested different resolutions and frequencies. Same results.

I have some doubts regarding that info reported. I have been checking where that data is coming from, and is supposed coming from here:

IDXGIOutput6::GetDesc1

DXGI_OUTPUT_DESC1

DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_TYPE

The point is, according to this guide:

High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut

And also to this code example:

Microsoft/DirectX-Graphics-Samples

What determines if a Monitor/TV is HDR capable is if 'ColorSpace' is reported as 'DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020'

My question is, where is that information coming from?

As far as I could undertand that data is not an EDID information coming from TV. EDID information according DXGI_OUTPUT_DESC1 structure are only 'Color Primaries' and 'Display Luminance'... BUT and this is a big BUT, according to 'Monitor Capabilities' it
    is supporting G2084 and BT2020...

Why 'ColorSpace' is not reported as 'DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020' on my system but as 'DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709'??

I think the issue is more or less located on how this ColorSpace is reported/calculated but I couldn´t find any more information on MS Docs about it.

Thanks for your support in advance!

Jaime FdezCaro, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

HDR and WCG in Windows 10

1. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDR WCG

2. Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop...: My laptop is a Thinkpad X1 Extreme, and it comes with a 4K resolution Dolby Vision HDR built-in display, and the graphic cards are the Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX1050Ti Q-Max. In the Display settings on Windows 10 Version 1909, only the 'Streaming HDR video'...
  3. Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue

Mouse Pointer Disappears in Windows 10 - HDR and WCG issue: Hello, I am working with a Dell laptop that I have connected to my BenQ 4k UHD display via a USB-C connection. I was adjusting settings when I noticed that my mouse pointer (a.k.a. cursor) disappeared from both the laptop screen and my BenQ monitor. After trying all sorts...
  4. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  5. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI

HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  6. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.: I had some color issues that went away when I turned HDR and WCG off. I updated my Nvidia driver. I can not turn on HDR and WCG. As soon as I click to turn it on, the screen refreshes and resets it to OFF. What is going on? Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. I researched...
  7. HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings

HDR WCG Option suddenly gone from Display Settings: Here is my setup: Ryzen 2600X Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse ASROCK X370 Taichi ADATA SX800 M.2 NVME 480GB SSD 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CAS 14 Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W I just finished this build last week, got everything I wanted installed, Windows fully...
  8. Troubleshoot common HDR and WCG color problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Troubleshoot common HDR and WCG color problems in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 1803 rolled out better high-dynamic-range (HDR) display and wide color gamut (WCG) support. Just before we start, you need to have an HDR capable display or TV which can show a wider range of colors. This is especially useful when [...] This post...
  9. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  10. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wcg apps

2. what are wcg apps

3. wcg app

4. force wcg windows10,
  5. wcg apps windows 10 setting intel 620 uhd,
  6. WCG windows,
  7. wcg apps windows 10 setting,
  8. use WCG app,
  9. DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020,
  10. use wcg apps,
  11. hdr wcg settings windows 10,