Windows 10: HDs for archive - System and Reserved

Discus and support HDs for archive - System and Reserved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys.I installed Windows 10 on my computer, a while ago, and had to format.I already had a 1TB HD with my files (videos, photos, games ...) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boff, Aug 3, 2017.

1. boff Win User

HDs for archive - System and Reserved

Hello guys.I installed Windows 10 on my computer, a while ago, and had to format.I already had a 1TB HD with my files (videos, photos, games ...) and (obviously) I did not format it because Windows is on an SSD disk.Then I added another 1TB hard drive I got from a friend. I formatted it.My question is this:How do I clean the System and Reserved, without having to format the first 1TB HD, so that it is only with the System Files of the Current Installation?I took two photos to try to explain what I'm saying...

HDs for archive - System and Reserved [​IMG]

There are two HDDs of 1TB each, for archiving.See the differences in System and Reserved?

I think I can clean it by command line, but I have no idea which command to use.Thank you in advance.

:)

boff, Aug 3, 2017
  2. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Vinod Archak, Aug 3, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Press the Windows key+X choose Disk Management. Here show a screen shot of the lower pane.
    If you did not remove the 1TB drive with Windows 10 on it when you installed Windows to the SSD, then Windows used the System Reserved partition on the 1TB drive, if you were to remove it, you would not be able to boot Windows from the SSD.
    You should start again, Backup any data you want on the SSD and the 1TB drive, then Delete all partitions on both drives, unplug the 1TB drive and install Windows to the SSD. Then attach the 1TB drive and then restore the files to it.

spunk, Aug 4, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 4, 2017
  6. boff Win User
    Hello guys. Thanks for the answers and sorry for the delay in returning. Work is consuming me.

I made a mistake. The Operating System is installed on a 500GB SATA HD. I no longer have the SSD disk. System and Reserved is in the first partition of 80GB.

The screenshot requested:

When I reinstalled Windows 10, the two 1TB HDDs were unplugged.
    Thanks, guys.

boff, Aug 8, 2017
  7. boff Win User
    Can someone please help me?

boff, Aug 9, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2017
  9. spunk Win User
    I am not sure what you mean by "Clean" the first partition. What are you trying to do?
    Your First HDD has a hidden System drive named Win10, that is 500MB, though it does not need to be named since it is hidden, followed by your Windows 10 OS C: drive and then a Downloads D: drive.
    If you are trying to save the D: Downloads partition, and do a clean install of Windows 10 on that drive, you can boot off of your Windows Install disc or USB, choose your Language and then choose Custom Install. In Drive Options, choose to Delete the Win10, and the Windows C: partition, so that that area is now Unallocated Space. Select this area to install Windows to, and go next. Windows will automatically create partitions and format them while it installs Windows, while leaving the D: Downloads partition alone. Of course, back this partition up in case things go wrong.

spunk, Aug 10, 2017
  10. boff Win User
    NaviLCDR - This doesn't work. Cleanup din't find anything. I run this as an administrator.

spunk - please, see the 2 images i post in my first post.

ty guys.

Thema:

1. HDs for archive - System and Reserved - Similar Threads - HDs archive System

2. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  3. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  4. System & Reserved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved: Hello, My system & reserved is taking up 67 Gbs is this normal? Thanks, Owen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved/266958ca-14a0-443d-8338-787466d90ada
  5. System Reserved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reserved: Can anyone tell me what ‘System Reserved’ is in the Optimise drives window? I have just did a complete clean install of Windows 10 and finished doing all the updates. I always finish up an installation with a ‘check drive for errors’ and an Optimise the drive and I saw...
  6. System and Reserved

System and Reserved: For some odd reason it says on my laptop that it has 970GBs in System files is this something that can be fixed so I can have more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved/ec3c362e-ef97-4d90-826d-937510903cdc
  7. remove Hds from the system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Hds from the system tray: Hello i just installed win 10 64 bit pro The problem is that all three hard drives appear in the system tray. from the fear of ejecting unintentionally. I had a regedit setup that solved this in win 7. for win 10 i can't find anything on the net. does anyone have a...
  8. System Reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Reserved: My System Reserved is 100% fragmented and that it needs Optimization, however I cannot get my computer to defragment this drive. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved/b54f174a-dba9-4e82-a43b-223b30c3a6d7
  9. System & Reserved

System & Reserved: So the majority of my disk space is taken up by System & Reserved as shown below. [ATTACH] I tried using Disk Cleanup, but it only cleaned up 8 MB. I do have WinDirStat, but the problem is I don't know which files are safe to delete. As I keep looking up each file and...
  10. System Reserved?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Reserved?: Hi All Have been trying to find out, in Disc management why I have one HDD showing it System Reserved. I think it was my old system drive and may have had Win 7 on. Many Thanks for any help Alan [img] 27957