Windows 10: Headphone Jack Problem

Discus and support Headphone Jack Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone! Sorry to post another question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere, unfortunately :( As you can see by the title, I have a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ohnoimhelpless, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Headphone Jack Problem

Hey everyone! Sorry to post another question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere, unfortunately Headphone Jack Problem :(
    As you can see by the title, I have a problem with my headphone jack. What happens, is whenever I plug in my earphones (I've tried using a couple different pairs, the problem still persisted) I automatically get that blue screen with a sad face, that says that Windows ran into a problem and that it has to restart. What I wanted to ask of you, is there a way to fix this? I'd really appreciate any insight onto this problem, and if you can help me figure it out, it would be much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this Headphone Jack Problem :)

edit; Probably should have made it clear that this problem started happening a few days ago, it was fine beforehand!

:)

ohnoimhelpless, Apr 24, 2016

2. lumia 920 sound problem

Hi Muhammad,

If the volumne control is only displaying the headphone level, then the phone thinks that a headphone is plugged in. Make sure that nothing is stuck in the head phone jack. You may need a can of compressed air to blow out the jack.

If clearing out the headphone jack does not resolve the problem, there may be a problem with the headphone jack itself. You may need to bring the phone from where you bought it and have it checked out.

Christopher Miller, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Microphone not working on Windows 10

Thank you for your help. I think the problem was the jack splitter was only for the headphones so I am getting a new splitter with a headphone jack hole and a microphone jack hole.

WilliamLamm, Apr 24, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Headphone Jack Problem

Reinstall the audio drivers.

bro67, Apr 24, 2016
  5. Before I do this, is there some sort of tutorial I could follow? I don't want to corrupt anything in the process. Sorry to be of a bother, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these things. lol

ohnoimhelpless, Apr 24, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Maybe static electricity. Touch something metal on the PC before plugging in the headset and see if that helps.

fireberd, Apr 24, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    You uninstall the driver in Device Manager, same as the device. Reboot and reinstall the new driver. There are no tutorials to this, other then what I just posted. You need to have faith in yourself in doing this.

bro67, Apr 24, 2016
  8. Headphone Jack Problem

I decided to wing it, you have fixed my problem!! Thank you so much! It's much appreciated *Smile

ohnoimhelpless, Apr 25, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Winging it is about what we end up doing the majority of time. Just remember to always keep a backup of your system in case a future driver or KB from Microsoft update, screws things up. Make sure that you disable the ability for Microsoft updates to update the drivers.

"To access this option, open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what to do option."

I use Start10 on the desktop I run 10 on.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Headphone Jack Problem

1. Headphone Jack Problem - Similar Threads - Headphone Jack Problem

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. Headphone Jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Jack: Dell vostro 5410 windows 11 home laptop in headphone not detect please tell me how to resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/2f8ee37e-8f15-4540-8605-f0e3fe1f5f91
  5. Problem with headphone jack mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with headphone jack mic: About a week ago my PC suddenly stopped recognizing my 3.5mm jack microphone even though I can hear everything just fine through the headset. In the sound settings it simply states ”input device not found”. Drivers are up to date, every app has permission to use the mic,...
  6. Problems with Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Headphone jack: I just got a brand new Dell Latitude 5500 with Windows 10 Pro for work and the headphone jack isnt working. It wont detect headphones when I plug them in, it just keeps playing out of the computer speakers. If i restart the laptop with the headphones plugged in they work, but...
  7. Headphone jack problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack problems.: Hey! So I got a new, unused pair of earbuds that come with a built-in microphone, which I don't plan to use. However, when I plug these into my front AUX jack, my PC is recognizing it as a microphone, and I can't get it to stop doing that. Has anyone else had this same issue...
  8. headphone jack

headphone jack: My headphones jack stopped working late nite, cant seem to trouble shoot the problem...Help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a7680508-2097-4d50-bce6-3d3c97ebc842
  9. headphone jack

headphone jack: re window 10 headphone jack not enabled in windows 10 cant seem to find realtek on my computer anymore cant find legit download site any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack/a2daf100-aad5-455a-8e6f-84bee665dfdd
  10. Headphone jack problem

Headphone jack problem: As i bought a new asus FX553 laptop ,it was working just fine but after a week a problem has been started in an headphone jack a static noise was is there and i have tried everything even updating the driver its not working can anyone help?...