Windows 10: Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in.

Discus and support Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can i switch between headphones and speaker use w/o unplugging my headphones? I'm trying to leave them plugged in all the time cuz i use them for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by l3izz, Sep 6, 2015.

1. l3izz Win User

Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in.

How can i switch between headphones and speaker use w/o unplugging my headphones? I'm trying to leave them plugged in all the time cuz i use them for gaming. My back IO plate has the standard 6 jacks. the board is a z77 mpower. my case has a front audio panel is that helps to.

:)

l3izz, Sep 6, 2015
  2. ppls Win User

HTC HD7 rear speaker

There's no hardware switch that cuts off the rear speaker when headphones are plugged in, it is software controlled. There are scenarios where audio can come out of the speaker even with headphones plugged in. For example, the radio (which requires headphones
    to be plugged in) can be set to output audio on the rear speaker. In this case, if you have set this and you accidentally launched the radio tuned to a frequency with no reception, you will get white noise out of the speaker while you are off doing other
    things. I doubt that is what OP is experiencing however, since you have to have played with the radio at some point to turn the speaker on.

ppls, Sep 6, 2015
  3. How do I combine both my speakers and headphones? Can't have both?

Yes, I know that I can always change the speakers to default, but then I can't plug in headphones and listen to my music. Do I always have to change the settings between headphones and speakers when I want one or the other?

Emma Whitaker

EmmaWhitaker_0413, Sep 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  6. l3izz Win User
    Thanks for your help. I figured it out by using a usb thing that came with my headset. i still have to open device and change it tho but that is fine.

l3izz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in. - Similar Threads - Headphone Speaker setup

2. no speaker or headphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speaker or headphones are plugged: مشكلة في الصوت لايعمل https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speaker-or-headphones-are-plugged/b216d393-e615-4584-a930-662f0a53c7e3
  3. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  4. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  5. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in.: My sound icon has a red x and when I hover on it, it comes up with the message, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. On device manager, I have no sound drivers installed I used to have realtek other than my headphones, for which the sound works for when i connect them....
  7. No Speakers or headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or headphones are plugged in: I Installed Kaspersky and I signed in i restart my pc and now it has an x sign in volume so i uninstalled Kaspersky. but there is still no audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-or-headphones-are-plugged-in/c4ca44a3-c112-4d38-8652-9506ae879fc0
  8. "No speakers or headphones are plugged in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No speakers or headphones are plugged in.": Hi there,My device is a 2019 Omen 17 laptop with a NVIDIA Geforce 2060 card and an intel i7.My problem started when I used a 3rd party driver updater CCleaner to update multiple drivers of mine which as a result updated my sound card. This led to a restart and after that, I...
  9. No Speakers and Headphones Are Plugged In

No Speakers and Headphones Are Plugged In: Hi, guys I was playing YT and then the screen was freeze so I decide to press my force restart button on my PC. And now my speakers, microphones, headphones, or any audio devices not detected by my PC. I did some tutorial from google or YT but it doesn't work, like Uninstall...
  10. No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in: I recently installed win10 on a new clean hard-disk and afterwards found that the sound is not working. I am using ECS manufactured PC With Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz [ATTACH] I've downloaded the latest Realtek driver and it doesn't show on...