Windows 10: Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in.

Discus and support Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can i switch between headphones and speaker use w/o unplugging my headphones? I'm trying to leave them plugged in all the time cuz i use them for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by l3izz, Sep 6, 2015.

1. l3izz Win User

Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in.

How can i switch between headphones and speaker use w/o unplugging my headphones? I'm trying to leave them plugged in all the time cuz i use them for gaming. My back IO plate has the standard 6 jacks. the board is a z77 mpower. my case has a front audio panel is that helps to.

:)

l3izz, Sep 6, 2015
  2. ppls Win User

HTC HD7 rear speaker

There's no hardware switch that cuts off the rear speaker when headphones are plugged in, it is software controlled. There are scenarios where audio can come out of the speaker even with headphones plugged in. For example, the radio (which requires headphones
    to be plugged in) can be set to output audio on the rear speaker. In this case, if you have set this and you accidentally launched the radio tuned to a frequency with no reception, you will get white noise out of the speaker while you are off doing other
    things. I doubt that is what OP is experiencing however, since you have to have played with the radio at some point to turn the speaker on.

ppls, Sep 6, 2015
  3. How do I combine both my speakers and headphones? Can't have both?

Yes, I know that I can always change the speakers to default, but then I can't plug in headphones and listen to my music. Do I always have to change the settings between headphones and speakers when I want one or the other?

Emma Whitaker

EmmaWhitaker_0413, Sep 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2015
  6. l3izz Win User
    Thanks for your help. I figured it out by using a usb thing that came with my headset. i still have to open device and change it tho but that is fine.

l3izz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphone/Speaker setup, Always plugged in. - Similar Threads - Headphone Speaker setup

2. Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.: I use a little RCA W1013DK for my college studies. Earlier on today for some odd reason my internal speakers stopped working. So after hours of checking privacy options, resetting services, going through trouble shoots, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I plugged my...
  3. No speakers or headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speakers or headphones plugged in: Heya there guys, so i've been tryna fix this bug for around about 11 hours now...as the title says I am getting an audio issue where it's saying no speakers or headphones are plugged in. natrually I went about tweaking drivers and making sure everything was up to date. until...
  4. ERROR - No Speakers or Headphones plugged in

ERROR - No Speakers or Headphones plugged in: Since the recent Feb.16 update, my speakers have not been working. I have checked the forums on here, and have tried a few fixes: 1. Test speakers - they work fine with other devices 2. Reinstall drivers under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Management - All...
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in: It's my second time having this no audio problem ever since I updated to windows 10. I have never experienced this problem before a certain windows 10 update (I don't remember which). If I recall correctly, I fixed it the first time by updating the sound driver and then...
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in

No speakers or headphones are plugged in: It's my second time having this no audio problem ever since I updated to windows 10. I have never experienced this problem before a certain windows 10 update (I don't remember which). If I recall correctly, I fixed it the first time by updating the sound driver and then...
  7. no headphones or speakers are plugged in

no headphones or speakers are plugged in: Hi! After some time of playing video games my PC told me to update. After that update I cant get Audio back its says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. How do I fix this?...
  8. No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in: I recently installed win10 on a new clean hard-disk and afterwards found that the sound is not working. I am using ECS manufactured PC With Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz [ATTACH] I've downloaded the latest Realtek driver and it doesn't show on...
  9. speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play

speakers + headphones plugged in - only headphones will play: I recently purchased a new Dell Inspirion gaming desktop. It has a combo jack on the front and the regular 7.1 channel audio jacks on the back. I have speakers plugged in the back and a headset/microphone plugged into the front...….as soon as I plug the headset into the...
  10. Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in: I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in. 97425