Windows 10: Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Discus and support Headphones are being recognized as speakers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gabrielle Corde, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod.

im using Asus Zen Book pro UX501, windows 10 64 bit....im worried pls help

:)

Gabrielle Corde, Oct 7, 2015

2. Realtek Audio

I am using bluetooth speakers on my Asus laptop which are being recognized as headphones. I am wanting to use Realtek HD Audio Manager to eq the volume. I have tried to set them as the default device. however when I open Realtek manager it switches back
    to my laptop speakers.How can I get Realtek Audio manager to recognize the Bluetooth speakers without them being plugged in the headphone jack?

JeremyDavisstl87, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Headphones are working but audio is playing through both Speakers and headphones

I like to game to so being in a call on Skype with my friends is the usual, my headphones aren't recognized but they still play audio and work as a mic as well as my speakers play the same audio so it creates an echo any way to get my headphones recognized?

jonathanrod, Oct 7, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Probably the audio drivers are Microsoft and they do not detect when you plug in the headphones. Try updating to OEM drivers from your notebook's support site.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

1. Headphones are being recognized as speakers. - Similar Threads - Headphones are being

2. Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager: The current issue I'm dealing with is that my new headphones are not being recognized as headphones but speakers on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I do have a set of speakers connected to the back panel, and my headphones are connected to the front panel. Am I able to...
  3. Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized: Hello, After resolving an issue a while back with my audio driver being broken (now fixed) I find that my computer's sound still has an odd behavior, where it comes to my headphones. When I plug the headphones in, sound still comes out of my PC. No prompt appears about the...
  4. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  5. Audio In Headphones and Speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio In Headphones and Speakers: For some reason, some sound is coming out of my speakers and I am hearing some sound in my headphones. For example, while chatting to a friend on discord, I can hear them perfectly find through my headphones, but then I booted up A Hat In Time. I still hear them through my...
  6. Headphones are listed as speakers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones are listed as speakers?: so im very confused as to why my Headphones are listed as Speakers and when i try to go to the balancing/levels it only shows one slider? i could be wrong but i beleive this is why sound is only coming from one ear...please help thanks...
  7. Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10

Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10: I recently reset Windows and ever since my headphones have not been recognized. I have tried the following: - Restarting my PC - Updating drivers - Troubleshooting - Unplugging and plugging in the headphones - Manually installing drivers None of these have worked. Any...
  8. Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...

Headphones recognized as speakers and vice versa...: I've had this problem for a while now. It has corrected itself in the past but the latest update has brought this up again. What would be the most painless way of correcting this issue. Running troubleshooter does nothing. It would mean a lot to get this fixed as painlessly...
  9. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....