Windows 10: Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

Discus and support Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, so I have a problem where my headphones do not show up in my playback devices, but it still works, it's just labeled as speakers. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Penns87, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Penns87 Win User

Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

Ok, so I have a problem where my headphones do not show up in my playback devices, but it still works, it's just labeled as speakers. I've tried downloading the latest Realtek driver from their website, went through the whole procedure, but still the problem persists. However, when I only do the first part of the process, which is uninstall the Realtek driver, restart, and cancel the installation of Realtek, my headphones show up fine. I thought this would be fine, but my computer constantly begs me to restart and install the drivers. Is there any solution to this or am I just gonna have to uninstall Realtek every time my computer restarts? Thanks

:)

Penns87, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hi Cheriah,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the headphones get detected under Device manager?
    • Did you try installing the headphones driver on the PC?
    • Does the headphones work fine when connected to other computer?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the system components conflicting with the headphones driver on the computer. You might also face the above issue if there is any hardware components missing from the headphones due to pulling the device
    abruptly.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if the headphone works on connecting to other computer. If the device works without any issues on other PC’s, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible audio
    drivers for Windows 10 OS from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Set your headphone as your default audio device. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.
    Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

1. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed - Similar Threads - Headphones show Realtek

2. Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing: Earlier, I was playing games with a couple of my friends in a voice chat when my screen went black while I wasn't paying attention. Somehow this caused my audio driver's input and output to stop working. I uninstalled them and installed new ones on the realtek website but...
  3. Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing: Earlier, I was playing games with a couple of my friends in a voice chat when my screen went black while I wasn't paying attention. Somehow this caused my audio driver's input and output to stop working. I uninstalled them and installed new ones on the realtek website but...
  4. Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone is showing up as headphone. Realtek audio console, connector retasking unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is showing up as headphone. Realtek audio console, connector retasking unavailable.: So I use a microphone with a 3.5mm audio jack. When I plug it in it shows up as a headphone and as audio output instead of audio input. Even in the sound setting, it appears as a playback device instead of recording. How do I change it? The Realtek audio console isn't showing...
  6. Microphone is showing up as headphone. Realtek audio console, connector retasking unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is showing up as headphone. Realtek audio console, connector retasking unavailable.: So I use a microphone with a 3.5mm audio jack. When I plug it in it shows up as a headphone and as audio output instead of audio input. Even in the sound setting, it appears as a playback device instead of recording. How do I change it? The Realtek audio console isn't showing...
  7. Headphones not showing up

Headphones not showing up: The wired headphones don't work. Only left side works. Wireless headphones work just fine. I tried using the same headphones on my phone and everything is fine, the problem only occurs on my laptop. I tried using USB c to headphone adapter but then I don't get any audio. I...
  8. realtek manager not showing up

realtek manager not showing up: Hi all, So recently i upgraded to windows 10, and when i plug in my headphones it doesn't work, so i tried fixing it with the realtek audio manager method, i tried download the latest driver, but theres no manager, so i tried download older version. When i downloaded, i...
  9. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Hi there so I'm experiencing some issues with my headphones not being detected. I've tried several different methods including: turning the computer off then on again, disabling and enabling the headphones/speakers, uninstalling and reinstalling the headphones/speaker...
  10. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Headphones make connection sound as computer has recognised them when plugged in to either USB port but they're not showing for use.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-showing-up/724f7e37-f5a2-4b6d-8be7-a287ea92c1ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my headphones work when realek is uninstalled

2. realtek both speakers and headphones disabled fix windows 10