Windows 10: Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10

Discus and support Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently reset Windows and ever since my headphones have not been recognized. I have tried the following: - Restarting my PC - Updating drivers -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ojzinn, Aug 21, 2018.

1. ojzinn Win User

Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10

I recently reset Windows and ever since my headphones have not been recognized. I have tried the following:

- Restarting my PC

- Updating drivers

- Troubleshooting

- Unplugging and plugging in the headphones

- Manually installing drivers

None of these have worked. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

:)

ojzinn, Aug 21, 2018

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 21, 2018
  3. LSN05 Win User
    Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Aug 21, 2018
  4. LSN05 Win User

Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphones not being recognized - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphones being recognized

2. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  3. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  4. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  5. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  6. Headphones being recognized as speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones being recognized as speakers.: A few days ago I bought new headphones [Rampage RM-K27 X-JAMMER]. Now when I plugged them in they're being recognized as a speaker and not actual headphones. Right now it is recognized as a speaker and the sound is kinda weird? I tried messing up with Realtek settings and...
  7. Headphones not being recognized - unless ...

Headphones not being recognized - unless ...: Typical Case: When I plug my new headphones into my laptop Windows 10, they are not recognized. If I play a sound it comes through the speakers. I have tried going into audio devices. An option for headphones is listed and enabled, but shows as disconnected. Other...
  8. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  9. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones not being detected windows 10

2. headphones not being recognized

3. windows 10 headphones not being detected

4. why are my headphones being recognized as speakers,
  5. headphones not recognized as being plugged in,
  6. headphones not being recognized windows 10