Windows 10: Headphones not working/not showing up

Discus and support Headphones not working/not showing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Specs: Lenovo B50-30 Touch Ever since an update from Microsoft, my headphones are not working. Whenever they are plugged in, the sound comes from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pantsface16, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Headphones not working/not showing up

Specs: Lenovo B50-30 Touch
    Ever since an update from Microsoft, my headphones are not working. Whenever they are plugged in, the sound comes from the laptop itself. I have tried updating drivers and using multiple pairs of headphones. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

:)

Pantsface16, Mar 20, 2016
  2. Ailheon Win User

Headphones are not working and not showing up on playback devices

My headphones were working with my computer perfectly yesterday, but today I plugged in my headphones and the speaker continued to play (but only the speaker). I did a little searching online and found that a solution option was to make the headphones the
    default device, but when I went to the playback devices tab in my control panel, my headphones weren't even there! All the "show disabled devices" boxes are checked off, yet the headphones are still not there when they are plugged in. Help! (By the way this
    is a new computer and I updated the computer to Windows 10 on the same day of receiving it.)

Device Info:

Lenovo ideapad 100S

Windows 10

Realtek HD Audio Manager

Ailheon, Mar 20, 2016
  3. David Haz Win User
    Headphones are not working and not showing up on playback devices

Hello,

If your headphones are not working after an update, it could be that the sound card drivers of your computer are outdated or are not installed. Kindly update the drivers of your sound card through Windows Update and see if your headphones work. Updating
    would install all the latest drivers for your computer and would replace any components of the driver that might be corrupted. Here's how to update through Windows Update:

• Press the Start button, then select Settings
      > Update & security > Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Updates.
    • If there are updates waiting to be installed, kindly install them.
    • After installing, restart your device and see if your headphones are now showing in
      Playback Devices.

If updating through Windows Update does not resolve the problem, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Mar 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Headphones not working/not showing up

davidhk, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

Headphones not working/not showing up

1. Headphones not working/not showing up - Similar Threads - Headphones working showing

2. Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.: Hello there, I recently just a new computer and when I plug in my headphones they show up as speakers. The plug in microphone for the headset also doesn't work and will not show up. I don't know how to fix this and I just want to be able to use my mic to talk with my...
  3. Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.: Hello there, I recently just a new computer and when I plug in my headphones they show up as speakers. The plug in microphone for the headset also doesn't work and will not show up. I don't know how to fix this and I just want to be able to use my mic to talk with my...
  4. Microphone isn't showing up, Headphones showing up as speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones not showing up

Headphones not showing up: The wired headphones don't work. Only left side works. Wireless headphones work just fine. I tried using the same headphones on my phone and everything is fine, the problem only occurs on my laptop. I tried using USB c to headphone adapter but then I don't get any audio. I...
  6. Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones showing up as "Not plugged in": I've been using these Hyper X Cloud Revolver S gaming headphones for probably like a year now and suddenly I'm unable to switch to them. I confirmed that the headphones themselves work just fine on my other windows laptop. I believe the most recent update caused this....
  7. Speakers and headphones working same time and headphones don't show up in devices when...

Speakers and headphones working same time and headphones don't show up in devices when...: Recently after a windows update, my HP laptop (HP Notebook-15-ay191ms) started playing audio thru my headphones and my speakers at the same time. When I plug my headphones into the front port the laptop recognizes they are plugged in, and when I unplug it recognizes that as...
  8. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Hi there so I'm experiencing some issues with my headphones not being detected. I've tried several different methods including: turning the computer off then on again, disabling and enabling the headphones/speakers, uninstalling and reinstalling the headphones/speaker...
  9. JBL Headphones are not showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    JBL Headphones are not showing up: Good evening, and my merriest wishes for a happy 2019 �� I got a pair of JBL T460BL's this year, and I have been struggling to connect them to my HP 250 G3 notebook, running freshly-resetted Windows 10 Home (1803). Notably, I have tried: Restarting the...
  10. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Headphones make connection sound as computer has recognised them when plugged in to either USB port but they're not showing for use.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-showing-up/724f7e37-f5a2-4b6d-8be7-a287ea92c1ca