Windows 10: Headphones Static Problem

Discus and support Headphones Static Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So when I connect my headphones all I can hear is static. When I unplugged them I can hear through my speakers. My headphones work when I connect them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RafaelCambero, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Headphones Static Problem

So when I connect my headphones all I can hear is static. When I unplugged them I can hear through my speakers. My headphones work when I connect them to my phone or any other device.

:)

RafaelCambero, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Erson Mag Win User

Static in Headphone Jack on PC

Hi,

If you are hearing static sound on your PC whenever you are plugging in your headphones or earphones, click this

link
    and follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

Update us on the results.

Erson Mag, Aug 18, 2018
  3. pivlit2 Win User
    Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.

I have a cable going to a small speaker next to my laptop. There has been a static noise coming from it lately. I have been observing when it happens and it's mostly when there is any audio playing. It could be from a YouTube video, Spotify, iTunes, etc. When the audio stops, so does the static after about 10-15 seconds of silence. It's not the speaker because I checked with headphones as well. Although the static is faint with the headphones, it's still there. It can't be the cable from the laptop to the speaker because, as I said, I verified with the headphones. I came across a post on another forum that suggested to uninstall the Realtek drivers > restart the computer so the native drivers would be the default. Other people had success which meant that Realtek was the problem but I did not have any success with it. Somebody also mentioned unplugging the power cable to see if there was an improvement but there was no difference. I even tried moving the plug on the side of the laptop (not vigorously of course) to see if it was the connection but there were no dropouts or changes. So I'm not sure if it's hardware because of that last troubleshooting method and because it seems to only happen when audio is playing. I can't recall if it was happening before I upgraded to Windows 10. All drivers (and Windows 10 software) are up to date.

Any other troubleshooting methods or advice for this particular issue? Thanks.

pivlit2, Aug 18, 2018
  4. foxslink Win User

Headphones Static Problem

Headphone Static

Hi folks,
    whenever im using headphones on windows desktop or browsing, i hear static, specially when moving the mouse or when loading stuff, do you know why this happens or how to avoid it? i dont have sound card i and installed realteks Mobos driver, im using CAL! headphones and never had any problem like this before, id appreciate your help

foxslink, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Headphones Static Problem

1. Headphones Static Problem - Similar Threads - Headphones Static Problem

2. headphone jack producing nonstop static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone jack producing nonstop static: this is driving me crazy. for the last week or two my headphone jack has been producing this obnoxiously annoying static sound in my headphones whenever i have them plugged in. it wasn't so bad at first, it was on the quiet-side and would go away after a while, but now it's...
  3. headphone jack producing nonstop static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone jack producing nonstop static: this is driving me crazy. for the last week or two my headphone jack has been producing this obnoxiously annoying static sound in my headphones whenever i have them plugged in. it wasn't so bad at first, it was on the quiet-side and would go away after a while, but now it's...
  4. Microphone causing headphone static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone causing headphone static: Every time I turn in the boost setting for my mic I can hear static in the headphones. The sound is constant even when I'm not listening to the mic. my mic is too quiet to hear without the microphone boost setting so I don't know what to do. I've already tried raising the...
  5. Microphone causing headphone static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone causing headphone static: Every time I turn in the boost setting for my mic I can hear static in the headphones. The sound is constant even when I'm not listening to the mic. my mic is too quiet to hear without the microphone boost setting so I don't know what to do. I've already tried raising the...
  6. Microphone causing headphone static

7. Horrible static coming in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horrible static coming in headphones: I have the realtek audio manager, 3 different mics. Everytime I use one, I get a horrible static coming back in, but others can’t hear it that I’m in discord with, Ive looked on google and YouTube and can’t find anything Edit:I’ve tried different splitters as well, nothing,...
  8. Repeating headphone static

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating headphone static: Due to how I configured my computer, I use my headphones without any speakers. I also have a WMR Headset Lenovo Explorer where I connect said headphones and use the Realtek USB2.0 Driver. After a few minutes, whenever the audio stops due to any reason and comes back, it...
  9. Windows causing static in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows causing static in headphones: Today I came home to a static sound playing through my headphones. It is not a problem with the headphones, they work on other devices. I tried restarting my computer and updating sound drivers. submitted by /u/harrisonh_14 [link] [comments]...
  10. Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.

Static problem from headphone port. Troubleshooting not working.: I have a cable going to a small speaker next to my laptop. There has been a static noise coming from it lately. I have been observing when it happens and it's mostly when there is any audio playing. It could be from a YouTube video, Spotify, iTunes, etc. When the audio stops,...