Windows 10: Heads up: temporarily prevent Windows or driver update

Discus and support Heads up: temporarily prevent Windows or driver update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Microsoft has posted a downloadable troubleshooter to temporarily prevent Windows 10 from installing updates that may be causing problems. It works by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cpmusic, Jan 3, 2016.

1. cpmusic Win User

Heads up: temporarily prevent Windows or driver update

Microsoft has posted a downloadable troubleshooter to temporarily prevent Windows 10 from installing updates that may be causing problems. It works by hiding the update(s) you choose from a list of available updates, pretty much as worked in previous Windows versions. The only thing MS doesn't say is that after you uninstall an update, it takes several minutes for the update to appear in the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter does not install in Windows; it's a standalone app which I saved to my desktop for easy access.

It's at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

I came across this because update KB3132372, a Flash patch MS pushed on 12/29/15, is causing problems with a few apps. I uninstalled it earlier this evening, and it re-installed within two hours.

:)

cpmusic, Jan 3, 2016

2. How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

I followed this article when my system faced BSOD. The only thing that worked was selecting one of the dates to restore to, I ran the application as suggested it produced a long list of files I selected them all.

After restarting my PC I again have the BSOD so I presume this article did not work.

I am trying to use the installation media but it is taking hours to download.

I am very close to tossing whole PC in bin.

teamflames, Jan 3, 2016
  3. How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

If you do not want to install Update for Printer, you can prevent your computer from installing any Windows or Driver update on your Windows 10 computer.

Refer the suggestions in the article below to prevent your computer from installing the said update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this helps. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

Heads up: temporarily prevent Windows or driver update

1. Heads up: temporarily prevent Windows or driver update - Similar Threads - Heads temporarily prevent

2. Temporarily pause Insider updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporarily pause Insider updates: The last Windows Canary build messed up my system and I had to roll back to the previous build. If I click on pause Windows Updates for 1 week, it stops everything including spotlight and antivirus and driver updates. When it resumes it tries to download and install the...
  3. WMIC Deprecated - HEADS UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMIC Deprecated - HEADS UP: I used WMIC /? > WMIC.txt to view all of WMIC's commands and at the top of the page it says in red "WMIC is deprecated". After doing some looking on the internet, I found that Powershell is going to be a replacement and that some of WMIC commands may return errors. 175496
  4. Microsoft says it will temporarily suspend Windows 10 driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says it will temporarily suspend Windows 10 driver updates: Microsoft releases cumulative and driver updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 every month. Windows 10 driver updates are supposed to ensure that your computer hardware is compatible with upcoming feature updates and industry changes, without you having to do...
  5. Preventing access to an app/program temporarily without uninstalling it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing access to an app/program temporarily without uninstalling it?: My kids need to take a break from fortnite, but I don’t want to uninstall it. Is there a way to hide it or make it so it won’t work for a couple of days? I was wondering if I could just move some of the files to a different folder or something and then move them back when...
  6. Prevent Windows Update from sneaking in drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent Windows Update from sneaking in drivers?: After installing Windows 10 and manually installing the drivers I want, I used WuMgr to set flags to stop Windows 10 from downloading drivers. Windows Update confirmed that GPO flags were set, and the drivers didn't show up under any downloads. However, after a reboot, Intel...
  7. Heads-up: Solution to the LogiLDA.dll anomaly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Heads-up: Solution to the LogiLDA.dll anomaly: Occasionally users might get a pop-up after Windows boot-up. The pop-up reads: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified module could not be found. Not lethal, just annoying, although I've read that not eliminating it eventually can cause...
  8. Temporarily stop Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporarily stop Windows Update: Is there simple procedure to temporarily stop the “Auto Windows Update” while I am working with the computer? 74527
  9. Temporarily disable Windows Update Reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporarily disable Windows Update Reboot: Hello all, I'm about to have a meltdown caused by Win updates. I'm trying to recover data from a 8TB drive, and it's taking an unusually long amount of time (1+ week), but it's progressing and about done. The drive in question is on it's last leg and the BIOS fails SMART, I...
  10. Heads up multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Heads up multiple desktops: Apparently when you install a program the UAC dialogue box pops up on Desktop 1, so if you are on Desktop 2 you will wait and wait for installation to proceed... 4964