Windows 10: Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

Discus and support Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Would really appreciate some help with this as it's starting to drive me batty! Whilst gaming (or listening to music, watching films) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alterego2121, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

Hi Guys,

Would really appreciate some help with this as it's starting to drive me batty! Whilst gaming (or listening to music, watching films) the audio feed does not dampen when someone I'm in a party/conversation with starts to talk.

If I'm using more than one source (Steam for gaming and Skype for chat) I can set the comms much louder in the volume mixer than the gaming audio, this alleviates the issue to some extent (besides it being like I'm constantly being shouted at) but if I'm using a single source it all comes in as one, meaning the person talking just gets drowned out to the point that I have to stop playing the game to hear WTF they're saying.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The headset in question is a Logitech G933 wireless.

Thanks in advance for any replies *Cool

:)

Alterego2121, Oct 12, 2016

2. Bug? Communications Centre: Phone numbers with brackets

Hi,

I've got a little problem with the Communcations Centre App. There are some phone numbers which have brackets in them, like: "+49 (123) 45678". Those are sync'd from Outlook via PC Sync Whenever I want to send a SMS to one of those numbers I have to manually
    remove the brackets, because the Comm Centre tells me the numbers is "invalid". The phone itself has no problems with these numbers (it simply ignores the brackets).

Why does the Comm Centre have problems with this? Is there any way to avoid this, besides removing the brackets in Outlook?

Also, why does the Comm Centre not know which number I want to send SMS to? I have to choose between all the numbers of a contact every time.

Regards

Hendrik

hendrikb---01, Oct 12, 2016
  3. My headset plays ALL audio from my PC in a skype call

I have the Pobon GM 1 gaming headset. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and suddenly all of my audio (YouTube, music, games etc.) has been playing through my microphone even though I am playing all of my audio through my headset. No, my sound is not loud
    enough to be heard from my microphone. All of my friends say they hear all of it crystal clear which leads me to believe it is a software issue. I've tried disabling Stereo mix (Turing it all the way to 0 too) and touched all the other settings in the sound
    window (Playback, recording, comms. EVERYTHING). I went to the Realtek audio manager and and muted the playback volume and separated all of the input jacks in hopes to find a solution. Nothing. I need someone to help me, been at this for 2 hours and now it
    3:18 am.

ZEBRA_MURDER, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

not really , some games have a setting to turn down volume when using that specific games voip but its sketchy at best , the only real solution is the one your already using , turn chat up and game down (via the games own volume setting in audio settings) till they are both at an acceptable level. We use teamspeak and ive found that to be the most effective and easiest method. then of course you'll get issues with peoples recording levels set too low so you cant hear them and others who put their mic boost up to 30% and wreck your eardrums , its a nightmare *Biggrin

Archie123, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

1. Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms - Similar Threads - Headset Communcations Game

2. no audio from my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio from my headset: there is no audio in my headset for myself but only game chat in fortnite and discord calls I cant listen to movies or youtube audio or even game audio its pretty frustrating at this point and when I go to sound settings it says that there audio coming from my headset but...
  3. Headset won't play audio.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset won't play audio.: Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right, it was, then I...
  4. Headset microphone audio not detected

Headset microphone audio not detected: I recently bought new headphones and received my audio splitter adapter (1 jack > 2 jacks) but my computer still doesn't detect anything from my microphone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and updating my drivers, but it doesn't work. The microphone shows up in the devices...
  5. Headset no sound while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset no sound while gaming: I recently purchased an HP Pavilion gaming desktop and an HP monitor. For some reason, I cannot hear anything when I have a headset plugged in on my games. If you have an answer, please let me know so I can fix it. Thank you....
  6. Bad audio on bluetooth headset

Bad audio on bluetooth headset: I have this weird issue that sometimes when I connect my bluetooth headset to my computer the audio is realy bad and distorted. Sometimes reconnecting or rebooting both devices works. These "bad connections" are getting more and more frequent. What do I do?...
  7. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue: I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built in speakers...
  8. chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers: I have a chat headset plugged into my wireless Xbox One controller. With Steam and Windows settings, how can I have game chat go to the headset while game audio goes to speakers? 49272
  9. Headset not registering in-game

Headset not registering in-game: I'm using an xbox 360 controller / wireless receiver. No cords except for the xbox360 specific headset that plugs into the controller itself. It registers on the computer in the sound device settings. I can hear it, the computer says OK you're good to go but in the game it...
  10. Audio Popping USB headset

Audio Popping USB headset: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the popping to occur. Its brief, but...