Windows 10: Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

Discus and support Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Would really appreciate some help with this as it's starting to drive me batty! Whilst gaming (or listening to music, watching films) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alterego2121, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

Hi Guys,

Would really appreciate some help with this as it's starting to drive me batty! Whilst gaming (or listening to music, watching films) the audio feed does not dampen when someone I'm in a party/conversation with starts to talk.

If I'm using more than one source (Steam for gaming and Skype for chat) I can set the comms much louder in the volume mixer than the gaming audio, this alleviates the issue to some extent (besides it being like I'm constantly being shouted at) but if I'm using a single source it all comes in as one, meaning the person talking just gets drowned out to the point that I have to stop playing the game to hear WTF they're saying.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The headset in question is a Logitech G933 wireless.

Thanks in advance for any replies *Cool

:)

Alterego2121, Oct 12, 2016

2. Bug? Communications Centre: Phone numbers with brackets

Hi,

I've got a little problem with the Communcations Centre App. There are some phone numbers which have brackets in them, like: "+49 (123) 45678". Those are sync'd from Outlook via PC Sync Whenever I want to send a SMS to one of those numbers I have to manually
    remove the brackets, because the Comm Centre tells me the numbers is "invalid". The phone itself has no problems with these numbers (it simply ignores the brackets).

Why does the Comm Centre have problems with this? Is there any way to avoid this, besides removing the brackets in Outlook?

Also, why does the Comm Centre not know which number I want to send SMS to? I have to choose between all the numbers of a contact every time.

Regards

Hendrik

hendrikb---01, Oct 12, 2016
  3. My headset plays ALL audio from my PC in a skype call

I have the Pobon GM 1 gaming headset. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and suddenly all of my audio (YouTube, music, games etc.) has been playing through my microphone even though I am playing all of my audio through my headset. No, my sound is not loud
    enough to be heard from my microphone. All of my friends say they hear all of it crystal clear which leads me to believe it is a software issue. I've tried disabling Stereo mix (Turing it all the way to 0 too) and touched all the other settings in the sound
    window (Playback, recording, comms. EVERYTHING). I went to the Realtek audio manager and and muted the playback volume and separated all of the input jacks in hopes to find a solution. Nothing. I need someone to help me, been at this for 2 hours and now it
    3:18 am.

ZEBRA_MURDER, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

not really , some games have a setting to turn down volume when using that specific games voip but its sketchy at best , the only real solution is the one your already using , turn chat up and game down (via the games own volume setting in audio settings) till they are both at an acceptable level. We use teamspeak and ive found that to be the most effective and easiest method. then of course you'll get issues with peoples recording levels set too low so you cant hear them and others who put their mic boost up to 30% and wreck your eardrums , its a nightmare *Biggrin

Archie123, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms

1. Headset Communcations - In Game Audio Does Not Dampen For Comms - Similar Threads - Headset Communcations Game

2. Internet will work for streaming platforms and communcation ones but not for games at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet will work for streaming platforms and communcation ones but not for games at all.: I have attempted several troubleshoots and several guides some which are super unclear and not helpful but nothings worked, I just want someone to please explain why I have this problem and how I resolve it. Its been like this for a few days now and its becoming very...
  3. Internet will work for streaming platforms and communcation ones but not for games at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet will work for streaming platforms and communcation ones but not for games at all.: I have attempted several troubleshoots and several guides some which are super unclear and not helpful but nothings worked, I just want someone to please explain why I have this problem and how I resolve it. Its been like this for a few days now and its becoming very...
  4. No Comm Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Comm Port: I am trying to program radios with my computer. I have windows 11.When I load the driver or I guess try to I cannot see any comm ports in Device Manager.How do i resolve this issue?...
  5. My Shokz Open Comm bluetooth headset does not show up in my Windows 10 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Shokz Open Comm bluetooth headset does not show up in my Windows 10 Laptop.: My Shokz OPENCOMM headset will not connect or appear on my HP Z mobile workstation Running Windows 10 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shokz-open-comm-bluetooth-headset-does-not-show/c2128b72-21e0-47a4-b9c4-65a4bf220634
  6. My Shokz Open Comm bluetooth headset does not show up in my Windows 10 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Shokz Open Comm bluetooth headset does not show up in my Windows 10 Laptop.: My Shokz OPENCOMM headset will not connect or appear on my HP Z mobile workstation Running Windows 10 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shokz-open-comm-bluetooth-headset-does-not-show/c2128b72-21e0-47a4-b9c4-65a4bf220634
  7. Comm

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Comm: J'avais changé mon système d'exploitation sans se rendre compte que j'avais verrouillé mon disque avec bitlocker, comment faire pour avoir une clé de récupération ? Mon ID de clé est 1AEDEDED. BONSOIR...
  8. Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers: I have a cross-platform gaming headset P-Series Geeknet Headset that I use on both my Xbox and PC. It works fine with most things on my Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga C930 but every time I plug it in to use during a Zoom call, I find later that it has corrupted my Intel SST Audio...
  9. Slight flicker and color dampen

Slight flicker and color dampen: I have a 2070GEForce I just switched out because of a small flicker about 10-15 seconds after I log on, It dampened the colors by a noticeable amount and washed out a lot of contrast. The new one is doing the same thing... I have tried everything in video settings, from...
  10. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue: I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built in speakers...