Windows 10: Headset mic

Discus and support Headset mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TannerAldrich, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Headset mic

im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is Realtek Audio. so this means the output is the input as well, so if i have my mic on and im playing a game, my friends would hear my ingame sound and not my voice. ive already gone in device manager and deleted them and plugged it bacc in, it still is Realtek Audio. has this happened to anyone before and do you know how to fix this?

:)

TannerAldrich, Jul 29, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Headset mic :p

cadaveca, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Dragondog Win User

Headset mic

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Headset mic

1. Headset mic - Similar Threads - Headset mic

2. Headset with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001
  3. Headset with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001
  4. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  5. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  6. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  7. How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.

How to use a stand alone mic and a headset at the same time.: The headset has a mic on it so whenever it connects the stand alone plugged into the pc mic turns off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-a-stand-alone-mic-and-a-headset-at-the/399b3dc9-f74b-4629-8f6f-947e8cb07cc3
  8. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  9. Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.

Headset mic only detecting output audio and won't pick up external sounds.: I've had this problem for a long while now where my mic will not pick up my voice or any form of noise, I've recently gotten a new USB Headset and found the issue persisting along with a new addition of my mic picking up any output audio playing from my pc. I've tried many...
  10. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...