Windows 10: Headset not working after mute/unmute

Discus and support Headset not working after mute/unmute in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you have the headset plugged in and mute it, it won't work after you unmute regardless if you unplugged and re-plug in the headset. No issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by singcheng, Aug 4, 2015.

1. singcheng Win User

Headset not working after mute/unmute

If you have the headset plugged in and mute it, it won't work after you unmute regardless if you unplugged and re-plug in the headset.
    No issue with the speaker if you unplugged the headset.
    You may have to adjust the volume to zero and up the volume again for it to work again.

:)

singcheng, Aug 4, 2015
  2. hgsingh Win User

E72 -- WH-601 headset plugged but no headset option shown. Only works as a headphone.

Hi guys... I have a similar problem with my WH-601 headset... I tried using the Call attend/Mute button in the headset but not working.... In the enhancements i selected headset as default..

If i select auto answer for headset then after attending the call i can use the headset button for muting and unmuting... but why im not able to use the same button to attend any calls... Please guys need ur help on this... is there any other
    option i need to check

hgsingh, Aug 4, 2015
  3. My sound is suddenly muted (window 10) and won't change. How do I reset it to get sound again?

My headset is bose bluetooth. There is no sound either from my headset or the speakers on the computer. The icon indicates the sound is muted but I cannot seen to "unmute" it.

patricialareau, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Headset not working after mute/unmute

1. Headset not working after mute/unmute - Similar Threads - Headset working mute

2. Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute": I have tried two headsets and am getting the same issue, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the PC and not the headphone. Basically, the microphone does not work on either headset or on the internal PC microphone. When I go into the audio settings and test the...
  3. Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute": I have tried two headsets and am getting the same issue, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the PC and not the headphone. Basically, the microphone does not work on either headset or on the internal PC microphone. When I go into the audio settings and test the...
  4. Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  6. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  7. keyboard mute/unmute button not working

keyboard mute/unmute button not working: I have looked around for answers on this topic but it always brings me to people who have mute buttons on their external device, I do not. I use the one built into my keyboard, but recently it has stopped working. when I hit the button it'll say "microphone on/off" but it...
  8. Audio Mute Unmute Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Mute Unmute Cycle: Since I update windows yesterday my audio button started to remain a mute, unmute cycle.It occurs after about every ten minutes and mute , unmute itself by the rate of ten times per second...
  9. speaker ramdomly mute and unmute

speaker ramdomly mute and unmute: what causes the hp laptop speakers to mute and unmute itself, windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-ramdomly-mute-and-unmute/11a22f8f-2279-4ae2-bb4e-40a19e8e52a8
  10. Mute/Unmute bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute/Unmute bug: Whenever I unmute the volume on my laptop, it always shows the volume to be at 16. But when I turn the volume up or down it changes back to displaying the correct volume level. For example, if my volume is at 6 I would mute the volume. Then when I unmute, the volume will show...