Windows 10: Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Discus and support Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Praedyth, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Praedyth Win User

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them, including CS:GO, YouTube, Notifications, etc. However, while my laptop recognizes an audio device is plugged in and plays sound through it, it will not recognize a microphone and record using it. I remember there being a notification which appeared anytime I would plug in an audio device, asking me it was headphones, speakers, or a headset. I found it annoying and set it to "do not show this notification again," is there a way to re-enable this notification?

:)

Praedyth, Jul 26, 2017

2. Why is it when I plug in my headset, it doesn't appear in my playback devices, along the mic attached to it?

When it audio dialog pops up I choose headset with microphone yet when I try to speak there isn't any sound coming out when I speak...

Along with that, I look in the recording devices in playback devices and mic doesn't appear.

Can someone please tell me why my computer doesn't recognize my headset with the microphone?

Screenshots if you don't know what I mean.

Playback -

Screenshot - 7359efbc3f93e4cc0f1e0d67d5d11415 - Gyazo

You can see my headset doesn't appear here even with the headset plugged in.

Recording -

Screenshot - 64bc150c60150dc0b699216d5a5e9046 - Gyazo

Same problem with my microphone on my headset.

Noah Wilson_, Jul 26, 2017
  3. Lui13 Win User
    New Computer audio problems

Hey Arun thanks for the help but i tried both methods and my headset (Razer Kraken) wont appear in the recording/playback part of the sounds so when i talk it uses default computer mic not my separate one. This is the only computer i have this issue on
    my other computers they automatically detect my headset and is available to choose in sounds playback and recording. The icon for a headset being connected doesn't show up on the sounds menu.

Lui13, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums. Does your latop use realtek audio. If so its in the settings after clicking the gear in the top right corner of it.

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.) [​IMG]

5. Praedyth Win User
    If the realtek audio manager is also titled "Dell Audio," then yes. However, my laptop has not opened the Dell Audio manager ever since I moved the Asus hard drive to my Acer Aspire.

Praedyth, Jul 26, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
    Post a screenshot of device manager with sound and video game controller expanded

7. Praedyth Win User
    Keep in mind that the hard drive I'm using on this Acer may have incompatible software with the rest of the internal hardware.

Praedyth, Jul 26, 2017
  8. Dude Win User

Is this hard drive the drive that has the OS installed on?

9. Dude Win User
    When you moved it into the acer, did you re-install windows as it has the OS install from another computer?

10. Praedyth Win User
    I did not re-install windows, I left what was on the hard drive, on the hard drive.

Praedyth, Jul 26, 2017
  11. Dude Win User
    I am surprised your device manager isn't full of bangs. The OS install is set up for another computer(Asus I think from what you posted earlier) and the sound issue is one of many that can start to show up.

I would do a clean install of windows, then update the drivers from the Acer website.

Thema:

1. Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.) - Similar Threads - Headsets appearing sound

2. Bluetooth Headphones appear as Connected Voice, but no sound, playback device appears as...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones appear as Connected Voice, but no sound, playback device appears as...: Hello. I'm having an issue with my Philips PH805BK, where they are not being detected as a playback device. I have a desktop with a 5.0 bluetooth dongle, with its own drivers already installed. I've tried the dongle on my laptop and it works, so this is not the problem....
  3. Bluetooth HeadSet iBall Glint - connected but not appearing in the playback devices

Bluetooth HeadSet iBall Glint - connected but not appearing in the playback devices: I connected my iBall Glint Headset to my Win 10 Laptop but there was no sound from the headSet even though it was connected by bluetooth. [ATTACH] I also checked the Playback devices list but my device was not populating in the list. I tried restarting my PC but no...
  4. Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot use WI-310 Sony Bluetooth headset as a playback and recording device.: As the title states i cannot use the headset to talk on Discord/Skype or other VOIP applications. It only works as an audio playback device. I have reinstalled bluetooth drivers still it does not work on win 10. However on my linux laptop the microphone works just fine and...
  5. Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices

Headset only appearing as Headphones. Microphone does not appear in Recording Devices: Hi There, I recently ran and installed the latest Windows 10 update, and since then the microphone aspect of my headset ATH-ADG1X has stopped appearing in recording devices. The headphone aspect still works perfectly. The issue is that the PC Dell Laptop see the headset...
  6. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  7. Bluetooth Headset disconnected but appears in Sound Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth Headset disconnected but appears in Sound Devices: [ATTACH] [IMG]Owning a Bluetooth headset is important for many Windows 10 users because these audio devices tend to lack wires. You see, wires can get entangled and break, and no one likes when their wired headphone is giving problems. With a wireless [...] This post...
  8. Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.: xcraft hp1000 headset plugged into my motherboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-not-showing-in-playback-same-as-the/6c75bf79-4f7c-4763-9c46-b04a121267f5
  9. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  10. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run mus headset not showing in sound devices

2. headset not appearing in sound devices

3. razer headset not appearing in sound devices

4. razer kraken headset not in sound devices,
  5. sennheiser headset not appearing on sounds,
  6. headset isnt appearing in playback,
  7. headphones not appearing in sound devices,
  8. xbox headset not appearing in sound capture,
  9. win10 sound headset not appearing in playback device