Windows 10: Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Discus and support Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any more legitimate solution than modifying the registry which is something not very comfortable to me 80178 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tsw88, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Is there any more legitimate solution than modifying the registry which is something not very comfortable to me

:)

Tsw88, Mar 24, 2017
  2. Pauli O Win User
    Pauli O, Mar 24, 2017
  3. EmoSmett Win User
    How To Get Windows Photo Viewer Back

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10. One thing that I'm really disappointed in is that they took away Windows Photo Viewer in order to get us to use their newer Photo App instead. I don't care too much for the new app and apparently I am not alone.
    I don't think anyone should be forced to use it and an update or optional download for the Windows Photo Viewer ought to be in order for those of us who want it back. But apparently, from what I understand, there is a way to get it back but it's very tricky.
    Does anybody know how to get around this in the most easiest way possible?

* Moved from Insider

EmoSmett, Mar 24, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Mar 24, 2017
  5. Tsw88 Win User
    Tsw88, Mar 24, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Tsw88, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Windows Photo Viewer still comes with Windows 10, but you do need to modify the registry to enable it again. The downloadable .reg file in the tutorial will do it for you though to make it easy.

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Tsw88 Win User
    Hi ,is the modification of registry files legitimate? will it affect any other files or produce any security concerns

Tsw88, Apr 8, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

I can understand your trepidation, if you're inexperienced, to download files or modify the registry but rest assured, this forum would not be what it is without Brink's tireless work. Hundreds here have trusted and relied on his work and used his downloadable bat and reg files numerous times. I've never read of any that negatively affected anything and he always includes and un-do, if you think it does. The reg file will take all of 2 seconds to incorporate. So, you can either try to fix your issue easily or suffer on w/o resolution. Cheers

mrgeek, Apr 8, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Tsw88, *Smile

No worries. The .reg file restores the registry entries that were originally there before Microsoft removed them to favor the "Photos" app as the default app over "Windows Photo Viewer". Basically, the .reg files restore "Windows Photo Viewer" as an available option to select in "Open with" for a default app.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Hello Photo Viewer

2. windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?: I installed w10 and when using the photo viewer the app stops at the last picture in the folder.how can i make it loop back to the first picture in the folder like windows 7 photo viewer did ??...
  3. windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 photo viewer how to loop?: I installed w10 and when using the photo viewer the app stops at the last picture in the folder.how can i make it loop back to the first picture in the folder like windows 7 photo viewer did ??...
  4. How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10: Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.92 I am new to Win10. I miss my Windows Photo Viewer from my old Win7. It was a nice simple program for what I need. Is there any way to get that back in my new Win10? 180075
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  6. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get the old photo viewer back?: How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable. I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps"...
  7. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  8. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  9. How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10

How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10: Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10. [img] From the image I uploaded, Win 7-8 would open all images on selected items+selected folders(wallpaper and zGa Jelas) on the photo viewer....
  10. Get Windows photo viewer back ..

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Windows photo viewer back ..: Hi All Just got new Dell XPX13 came with wds10 .. and it missing windows photo viewer like 7 or 8.1 .. Can I install it to wds10 and where do i get it ..? Thanks 16620