Windows 10: Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly.

Discus and support Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I tried to start my computer like I do any other day, but today when I started it, I couldn't open start (nor use windows key to do so)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by haimaipcdunwork, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly.

Yesterday I tried to start my computer like I do any other day, but today when I started it, I couldn't open start (nor use windows key to do so) search bar didn't work only some of the icons worked. There is also some blank spaces where it seems there used to be icons oh and did I mention that the whole taskbar freezes after 5 minutes. Task manager doesn't work if I right-click on the desktop and press Personalize/Display settings they give me an error message (ms-settingsHello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly. :personalization_background

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.
    Same thing for Display settings except for the title which is: ms-settings:display). Settings refuses to open, but task manager just give me the Not responding message for all eternity. If somebody knows what to do help will be greatly appreciated! Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly. :)

:)

haimaipcdunwork, Jan 20, 2017
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Windows doesn't seem to be working properly.

We're glad to hear that you were able to rectify your concern.

Let us know should you have other concerns that need assistance.

Sher Amo, Jan 20, 2017
  3. Desrenox Win User
    Windows doesn't seem to be working properly.

Oh no. Its not an error on your part, I regret to inform. In a rush to salvage my drive, I took it upon myself to, again, Shift + restart my system and reset my PC with my personal files protected. The result seems futile. I received a message from what
    appears to be the bios? After two hours of waiting for a system repair, I received a black screen saying " No bootable device -- Please restart system" at the top left hand side of the screen. To my knowledge, I do need a Windows recovery key, like you mentioned.
    Thank you, sincerely, for your hasty response. Though I wasn't patient enough, you did act quicker than I though you would. Really, thank you. I will do what I can to save my drives in the mean time. Five stars from me, Sher Amo!

Desrenox, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly.

hi there i do not know how to delete messages either.

haimaipcdunwork, Jan 20, 2017
  5. enigma101 Win User
    Try this....search for Command Prompt. Right-click & select 'run as admin'. Type sfc /scannow (note there is a space between 'sfc & /) Let it run to the end & post results here.

enigma101, Jan 21, 2017
  6. haimaipcdunwork, Jan 24, 2017
  7. haimaipcdunwork,

There is a Solution 1 and a Solution 2, where is Solution 3?

Looks like the main objective of the website is to get you to buy or use ReimagePlus!

Have you experienced any redirections to the Reimageplus.com site?

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly.

1. Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly. - Similar Threads - Hello operating system

2. My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.: My ASUS laptop Windows 11 I think hasn't been working properly. For a little, it started to work more, displaying lines of colors, then a full white screen. Now, it's back to how it was before - not displaying anything. I can connect to it with Chrome Remote Desktop, but I...
  3. My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.: My ASUS laptop Windows 11 I think hasn't been working properly. For a little, it started to work more, displaying lines of colors, then a full white screen. Now, it's back to how it was before - not displaying anything. I can connect to it with Chrome Remote Desktop, but I...
  4. Operating system not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating system not loading properly.: I am a user of Windows 11, whenever i log into my pc, the screen goes all black and nothing is accessible, only visible thing is the cursor. I can open the task manager using the shortcut. I have tried to fix it for a long time. I even reset the operating system but it...
  5. Operating system not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating system not loading properly.: I am a user of Windows 11, whenever i log into my pc, the screen goes all black and nothing is accessible, only visible thing is the cursor. I can open the task manager using the shortcut. I have tried to fix it for a long time. I even reset the operating system but it...
  6. Hello? I would require some assistance as my documents folder doesn't seem to work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello? I would require some assistance as my documents folder doesn't seem to work properly: I wanted to make a new folder in "Documents" but it instead gave me a dialog box showing "Could not find this item, This is no longer located in <my directory> Verify the item's location and try again" Whenever I want to make a new folder inside it and I also wanted to...
  7. my operating system is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my operating system is not working: exel words are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-operating-system-is-not-working/7a50ed42-bb0a-481a-bf40-a3555a9f09a9
  8. Windows hello not working properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working properly: Yesterday only I got my new laptop. And after few failures of finger scanning my finger print scanner has stopped working. now i get only login pin or password as an option. I tried few options after looking up on internet. kindly help me. Attaching the screenshot also....
  9. My wifi doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi doesn't work properly: HI my wifi sometimes disappears And the windows says "we couldn't find wireless devices on this pc" but after a while My wifi appears and works properly now what can I do to solve this problem Thanks...
  10. 'Windows Hello' doesn't work, Camera doesn't seem to be working either?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Windows Hello' doesn't work, Camera doesn't seem to be working either?: So my Windows Hello facial recognition hasn't worked for a few weeks, and I recently noticed that the infrared light that turns on next to the camera no longer turns on. I tried the 'improve facial recognition' option but that just displays a blank window when I do so... I...