Windows 10: help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

Discus and support help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AveenK, Feb 25, 2024.

1. AveenK Win User

help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged my usb back in the laptop and the camera roll folder was empty!! i tried everything i could to making hidden files show, checking onedrive but it was not there, EVERYTHING and in stressing OUT so much as these pictures and videos mean a lot to me. I really need any help to retrieve them in any way please, thank you so muc

:)

AveenK, Feb 25, 2024
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!! upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 25, 2024
  3. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

1. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!! - Similar Threads - help photos disappeared

2. help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help, all my photos have disappeared, folder empty!!: I really need help and i dont know what to doi recently needed to update to windows 11 so i moved all of my filed to an external hard drive including my camera roll folder to free up space for my laptop to update, i even reset the entire laptop afterafter it updated i plugged...
  3. My photos all disappeared win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photos all disappeared win10: I was playing games and trying to save some game clips, but when i open my file explorer and click into "My Pictures" folder , it pop C:\User\Ian\Picture can't use..."I'm sure i didn't deleted any photos . It just suddenly disappeared. but my other files like document and...
  4. All photos have disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All photos have disappeared from PC: Only 2 adults have access to PC and neither bof us have deleted as they are precious memories. Don't understand how this has happened am Distraught. PLEASE HELP!...
  5. All photos have disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All photos have disappeared from PC: Only 2 adults have access to PC and neither bof us have deleted as they are precious memories. Don't understand how this has happened am Distraught. PLEASE HELP!...
  6. All photos have disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Help! my desktop just disappears and the windows folders disappear and all i have is a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! my desktop just disappears and the windows folders disappear and all i have is a...: When i 1st get on my computer everything is ok after a few min then i'll be playing a game or i'll be on line and then i see a quick blink from the screen and when i check desktop and folders gone! My game and online are fine i can see them it's just desktop and folders that...
  8. Photo folders empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo folders empty: I subscribed to one drive. uploaded all my photos. When i open my One drive Pictures folder it displays 4 folders. Camera roll, when i double click to open it says This folder is empty. Saved Pictures, when i double click to open it says This folder is empty....
  9. All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the folders on my desktop have disappeared?: So earlier I was trying to move my desktop folder to my D:/ because it has more space on it than my c:/ but when I did that, all the folders disappeared. I switched it back to C and it's quite obvious that they haven't been deleted because the files in those folders add up...
  10. Empty folders disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folders disappearing: Hi, OS: Windows 10 build 1082. Issue: Empty folders (randomly) disappear. This happened at least 2 times (of which I am sure). I do not recognize a pattern. When it happens, all the sub folders (within one "main folder") that did not have files in them just vanish. The...