Windows 10: HELP! App data and deleted USER screwup!

Discus and support HELP! App data and deleted USER screwup! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i'm new to the forum. New to Windows 10, just upgraded today to try to fix some issues I caused by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lollepoppup, Jun 16, 2016.

1. HELP! App data and deleted USER screwup!

Hi All! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i'm new to the forum.

New to Windows 10, just upgraded today to try to fix some issues I caused by being computer illiterate (in the most severe way) I constantly have to google terms and compare screenshots etc) and pig-headed about something silly.

History, when computer (WIN 7) was purchased eons ago, my then husband set up windows with just one user and gave it his name, we'll call him "Bob". When we divorced last year I didnt want to have to log on and see Bob evrywhere. I set up a new account and gave myself admin rights. Went to delete his account and it would stop showing up on logon page but not on C: drive.

Not being very sensible I simply right clicked and copy pasted each blasted folder under "Bob" one at a time and then deleted from those old folders-working my way back up to the original "Bob" User folder. It appeared to be empty but still wouldnt delete. I have no idea what I did the other day to be honest but I FINALLY managed to delete it for good. Wasnt till hours later I found the desktop had deleted everything (Igot that fixed, I think) but now it doubles ALL shortcut icons. I think I narrowed it down to the majority of the "Appdata" folder being under my new admin User folder, with only background stuff that I didnt kow about at the time being in his (also they were hidden so I didnt see them). Anyway I deleted the old original Appdata folder. Thinking the issue was with windows if I just upgraded Windows it would all magically fix itself, I am now left with these double icons (because best I can tell from dear google they are listed under the general computer and my user name both and it all has to do with these two app data folders??????? Does this make sense?

Has anybody got any idea what I do to fix this, keep in mind screen shots might work better for me as I have NO idea where anything is in WIN 10 yet, or hpw to work it really-coming from WIN 7 this is a huge diff. for me, and if I have to go to regedit, please be specific cause that place scares me!!!!

:)

lollepoppup, Jun 16, 2016

2. App Data file and deleted User Account

Hi Go'Jo,

Microsoft does not recommend relocating, moving ProgramData, Program Files, Program Files (x86) and Windows folders. Too much is depending on information and data stored on these folders and relocating them might cause serious issues. However, there's simply
    nothing preventing us from moving the user's folder and everything it contains, including the Temp and AppData folders. To guide you on moving data only for AppData\Roaming folder, you may follow the steps below:

1. See what is your current "Roaming" folder by typing %AppData% in a command line. Surely it will show C:\<Users>\<User>\AppData\Roaming.

2. Create a new folder in the desired location or use xCopy to create a copy of its original with same security attributes, FreeFileSync and so on.

3. Right-click on both folders and check attributes. Ensure that the new folder has exactly the same security attributes than the original.

4. Use Windows Explorer to right-click on current Roaming folder and right-click on "Location" tab. Set the new location and follow the assistance when it suggests you move the content of the folder to the new location.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Is it possible to uninstall the Windows 10 update assistant? When i delete it it just automaticly reinstalls itself when i start the pc again

I followed all of that and the Screwup Assistant still reloads itself.

Microsoft probably read your post and changed Screwup Assistant to circumvent your user-friendly solution to this piece of malware from Redmond.

David MoHo, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

HELP! App data and deleted USER screwup!

1. HELP! App data and deleted USER screwup! - Similar Threads - HELP App data

2. Business Account Screwup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Business Account Screwup: Hi,I signed up for a business account using the wrong email. It must be changed. If it cannot, I need to delete it, get a refund for what I paid and then start another business account with the same domain. Please help.Charles Flaum...
  3. Business Account Screwup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Business Account Screwup: Hi,I signed up for a business account using the wrong email. It must be changed. If it cannot, I need to delete it, get a refund for what I paid and then start another business account with the same domain. Please help.Charles Flaum...
  4. Does Windows11InstallationAssistant delete users' data and built-in apps and antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows11InstallationAssistant delete users' data and built-in apps and antivirus...: I've ordered DELL G15 5510 laptop. It has DELL apps and a paid windows activation key and McAfee antivirus built-in with its paid activation, and I've created two user accounts. But, it hasn't received any windows 11 update, the latest update has been got in this week is the...
  5. Does Windows11InstallationAssistant delete users' data and built-in apps and antivirus...

Does Windows11InstallationAssistant delete users' data and built-in apps and antivirus...: I've ordered DELL G15 5510 laptop. It has DELL apps and a paid windows activation key and McAfee antivirus built-in with its paid activation, and I've created two user accounts. But, it hasn't received any windows 11 update, the latest update has been got in this week is the...
  6. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App data deletion: I accidently deleted my appdata folder. Some file were removed. Some apps gives few problems but after some time it automatically fixed. I just want to know that my pcs safe i didn't delete any imp window file?I even run window file checkup after that. That sfc /scannow thing...
  7. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App data deletion: I accidently deleted my appdata folder. Some file were removed. Some apps gives few problems but after some time it automatically fixed. I just want to know that my pcs safe i didn't delete any imp window file?I even run window file checkup after that. That sfc /scannow thing...
  8. App data deletion

9. Windows Update Screwups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Screwups: Every Late May Early June and Middle of December YOU &*^%@$*& break my computer with Windows Update.Flashing Screen in Windows normal boot and safemode.I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!! TIME TO FIND STARVING LAWYER WILLINGTO DO A LAWSUIT AND OR SUMMON TO CONGRESSIONAL HEARINGTO PUT A STOP...
  10. Recovery Of Deleted User data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Of Deleted User data: I have an old user on my hp-all in one PC that i have deleted and i want all the data from that user back the name of the user is sreedeep sreederhan my new user's name is aarav sreedeep...