Windows 10: Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios !?

Discus and support Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios !? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude laptop, Win 10. I have a Realtek sound card which often won't work. The audio meters jump up and down (see pic below) but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bansaw, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Bansaw Win User

Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios !?

I have a Dell Latitude laptop, Win 10.
    I have a Realtek sound card which often won't work.
    The audio meters jump up and down (see pic below) but no sound comes out, even when I plug in headphones etc. No sound is coming out.

Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios  !? [​IMG]

Things I've tried:
    1) Update sound card driver
    2) Change sound card driver to Audio High Def
    3) Update BIOS
    4) Update Windows
    5) Switch off audio "enhancements"
    6) Change sample rates (I tried all of them)
    7) Cold boot
    8) Uninstalled audio card from device manager, and reinstalled
    9) Started-Stopped Windows Audio in Services
    10) Updated docking drivers

The laptop was plugged into a dock at one point. I wonder if that confused it?
    I think the audio works OK through the docking station.

Help! Any ideas?

:)

Bansaw, Jan 12, 2017

2. Musicman

No error code was seen, despite the fact that the audio signal from the bluetooth to the speaker was breaking up as tracks played from any source. The review of the driver for the bluetooth device said that it was up to date.

PaulWhitingRQ, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Computer keeps stuttering

Could be a hardware issue. You might need to take it to a repair shop.

Or simply replacing your audio card might solve it.

Checking for updates from your Manufacturer for BIOS, Graphics, and Audio Drivers is also a good idea.

In fact you should do that first.

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios !?

Have you run the Windows Trouble Shooting routine for sound? Right click on speaker, systray, trouble shooting.

When you right click on Speaker and Open Volume mixer are any marked muted, are they all around same level?

When you right click on speaker and select playback devices, click on speakers, click on configure and then test, do you hear sound.

Caledon Ken, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios !?

1. Help - audio not playing despite replacing drivers and bios !? - Similar Threads - Help audio playing

2. help. no audio driver!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help. no audio driver!: i am wondering if anyone can help me? i got my son a gaming pc around 4 years ago and the sound has never worked. ive done the trouble shooting and there doesnt seem to be any audio driver on the device? can anyone tell me how i can resolve this issue? anmy help would be very...
  3. help. no audio driver!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help. no audio driver!: i am wondering if anyone can help me? i got my son a gaming pc around 4 years ago and the sound has never worked. ive done the trouble shooting and there doesnt seem to be any audio driver on the device? can anyone tell me how i can resolve this issue? anmy help would be very...
  4. help. no audio driver!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  6. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  7. Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver

Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver: HiI have used 6 below mentioned steps to replace Microsoft driver and install Realtek driver Actually need to replace other drivers as well but not working out. Intention is to remove: Audioendpoint.inf which is getting picked by default to many audio device components...
  8. Replacement Audio Driver.

Replacement Audio Driver.: On a recent update February 28, 2020, I lost my current Audio driver, which muted Cortana an Alexa, How do I get a functional Audio Driver. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion Laptop. I have checked all of the settings and am sure the problem is the Audio Driver...
  9. Audio driver help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio driver help: Ok I am having this issue I uninstalled Realtek audio and installed Dolby Audio Premium my problem is with Dolby I have to switch it back and forth from speakers to headphones and back again and everytime I switch I have to reboot the computer to get it to work again. I have...
  10. Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.

Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.: How do I find out if I can replace my intel HD audio driver or device with the realtek one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-intel-hd-audio-driver-with-realtek/5f2a7c8b-c195-4e49-9e77-9d13c41dc060