Windows 10: HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.

Discus and support HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Let me start the story. I have 2 harddisks. One is 1TB and other is 80GB. 1 TB has 2 partitions, C 465GB, E 465GB. 80 GB is D Drive. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NayamAmarshe, Aug 17, 2016.

1. HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.

Let me start the story.

I have 2 harddisks. One is 1TB and other is 80GB.
    1 TB has 2 partitions, C 465GB, E 465GB. 80 GB is D Drive.

I was hoping to install remix os. I could easily install it in C Drive along with Windows 7. But, to make it more manageable I thought I would create a new 20GB Partition.

1.I went to disk Management, Shrink Volume -> C DRIVE 20GB.
    2.OK, I get an error. I click ok, and computer shows BSOD.
    3. PC Restarts and to my horror, E DRIVE IS COMPLETELY GONE!!
    4.I check disk management, E Drive is now free volume.
    5.I am hopeless, I created a new drive from the free 465 GB Volume. E Drive is new. I cannot recover my data. No problem.
    6.I again Install Remix OS in C Drive, but now it doesn't boot!! It is now stuck in that booting menu which shows some linux codes. I don't know what they mean but earlier(Before that BSOD) it used to get past the codes in boot menu and boot normally.
    --IMPORTANT--
    7. If I install remix OS in other Hard disk(80GB), it boots normally. But in 1TB it doesn't boot now but it used to before the BSOD.

8.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

:)

NayamAmarshe, Aug 17, 2016

2. Uninstallation issues

Open the run menu run by right clicking on the start menu type msconfig dialog opens click on the boot tab click on remix OS entry and delete it will no longer show on start up.

OctavianQR, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Uninstallation issues

Hello.

Having windows 10 on my laptop, i also installed "Remix Os" on my pc. So whenever my pc boots up, i have an option to choose between Windows or remix os. But then i uninstalled remix os from my pc.

The issue is that i am still getting the option to choose btw remix and windows even after uninstalling remix.

HarshitChandani, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.

About "Drive E: is gone". Probably Windows assign the Letter E to the new partition. May be your "old" Drive E has a different Letter now or it has not a Letter assign to it. Going to Disk Management, choice each Partition and there you can assign/remove/change/Add a Drive letter to each Partition.

Adalwar, Aug 17, 2016
  5. No, I checked that already. The drive letter couldn't be assigned because it wasn't a drive at all. It was free Volume. So, I had to make a new E drive from it.
    I think after that partition thing, linux has some booting problems on that drive.

NayamAmarshe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.

1. HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS. - Similar Threads - HELP Cannot boot

2. Help Can't boot to os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Can't boot to os: I encountered this problem a few days ago. When I turned on my pc to play I encountered the blue screen and provided my bit locker encryption key but to no avail. I clicked the UEFI button on troubleshooting blue screen and since then my pc is only booting to bios.Pls help I...
  3. Help Can't boot to os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Can't boot to os: I encountered this problem a few days ago. When I turned on my pc to play I encountered the blue screen and provided my bit locker encryption key but to no avail. I clicked the UEFI button on troubleshooting blue screen and since then my pc is only booting to bios.Pls help I...
  4. Help Can't boot to os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY: If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS. I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but I still found it on my dual boot page when I turned on my computer. Enough intro let's get started. First If you...
  6. Remix download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remix download: First time trying to download a3D model from Remix- instructions say to go to My Stuff and select uploaded models, then download, but I can't see how to upload them in the first place. When I select a model, what appears to be a download button only counts imports. I can...
  7. Remix 3D

Remix 3D: I am doing a project, and I am going to use remix 3d. I found a good model, but I'm not sure If I'm allowed to use the model, or if I need permission. I tried to fond some answered online, but I could not find any. Please tell me if I'm allowed to use the model....
  8. Story Remix

Story Remix: Buenas tardes: No puedo descargar Story Remix Gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/story-remix/fcee9880-804c-48e9-ba20-830706a2daf1
  9. To start remix OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To start remix OS: After downloading the latest version of windows 10 I am not able to start REMIX OS on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-start-remix-os/0da641f6-0ec2-4928-865d-61f3ad96071e
  10. "Remix OS" for PC

"Remix OS" for PC: "Remix OS" Portable Android OS Evaluation available for download: Remix OS for PC - The Future of Android PC is yours. For Free. Forever. 37151