Windows 10: Help -- Cannot create email accounts OUTLook 2016 Auto config

Discus and support Help -- Cannot create email accounts OUTLook 2016 Auto config in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I re-installed Windows 10 and Office 2016. Latest version of Office 2016 won't let you create accounts manually -- you can CHANGE them once... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 8, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Help -- Cannot create email accounts OUTLook 2016 Auto config

Hi there

I re-installed Windows 10 and Office 2016. Latest version of Office 2016 won't let you create accounts manually -- you can CHANGE them once an account exists but if it there's the slightest thing wrong when it tries to find your account it bombs out and won't let you fix it. Apparently Office 265 has the same problem too.

Same thing is happening with Firebird.

Any way round this or do I have to re-install office 2010, create my accounts (the old fashioned way) and then do the upgrade to 2016.

I can get the MSDN Office 2016 from work but that's already updated so won't be any help.

Also what do you do if you want to set up your email and the internet isn't available -- nothing wrong in being able to prepare in advance.

PLEASE DEVELOPERS : I know you are all keen on this 1-click stuff and it's probably fine 90% of the time - but PLEASE leave a manual process for fixing things available when the auto process fails(even if the way in to it is not obvious)..

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 8, 2017
  2. llllllss Win User

Microsoft Account with non-MS email adress - outlook faild

Hi all,

I have a Microsoft Account with a non-Microsoft email (Gmail) as login. When i try to add outlook account (with this gmail adress), it fails. It says something like "cannot find your config". is it even possible? I really dont want to create a new account
    because i have windows 8 on Pc and windows 8 on Tab and now this lumia 920, all setted up with this single ID. Please help!

llllllss, Sep 8, 2017
  3. contact groups in Windows 10

Sorry, I'm probably confusing things. For me there is an issue in Outlook 2016 where contact groups are greyed out for our Hotmail accounts, but not for our Btinternet account. I assumed the issue was probably the same on the Mail and people app. Just going
    by other posts I have seen while investigating our problem. See link as an example.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/cannot-create-contact-group-in-outlook-2016/04016f45-acd2-4ac4-9f03-5a458268af44

Sorry if I have not helped here.

RichardR49, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Try3 Win User

Try3, Sep 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Help -- Cannot create email accounts OUTLook 2016 Auto config - Similar Threads - Help Cannot create

2. mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook: I tried to change from Windows mail to the new outlook . my gmail account is transferred without problems but I cannot create my mweb account. I checked with mweb and all my server and other settings are correct but still I cannot get my mweb account on the new outlook. It...
  3. mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mweb account cannot be created in the new outlook: I tried to change from Windows mail to the new outlook . my gmail account is transferred without problems but I cannot create my mweb account. I checked with mweb and all my server and other settings are correct but still I cannot get my mweb account on the new outlook. It...
  4. Cannot delete an Outlook account created but not used

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot delete an Outlook account created but not used: So I installed a new copy of Windows 10 to a new PC. As I had gotten a new MS Office license, I figured it might be good to create a new account for it (so that the old MS Office license I have wouldn't interfere) so I created an an Outlook (email) account. Things took...
  5. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...
  6. Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email

Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email: Windows 10 home Office professional Plus 2016. version 1808 Recently got a new desktop up and running with the above software installed. The Installed default had notifications (audible and the visual that comes shooting in from the lower right corner) for both email and...
  7. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  8. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email: Hello, I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016. I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email' When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active. Why do I have 2 Junk folders? And which one...
  9. Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts: I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements. One BTinternet.com email address One Outlook.com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3. Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my...
  10. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email: I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am...