Windows 10: Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.

Discus and support Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In preparation for selling it, I tried to wipe the hard drive of my Toshiba X-70. This computer I think has a demon in it because it's given me every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisHistorian, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.

In preparation for selling it, I tried to wipe the hard drive of my Toshiba X-70. This computer I think has a demon in it because it's given me every problem imaginable.

First it got caught in the 46% loop. I fixed that by editing the registry. Now it's caught in the 64% loop trying to reinstall Windows 10.

So I created a Windows 10 ISO bootable USB using a direct link to the Microsoft Windows 10 ISO. I made the USB drive the #1 boot option in the BIOS. The BIOS does detect the USB drive.

The stupid computer won't boot from it! I've tried turning it on and off, and the USB drive is still listed #1 in the BIOS, it just won't boot from it. It goes directly into the loop.

Does anybody know what's wrong and how I can fix it so I can ship this laptop off and be done with this demon?

:)

ChrisHistorian, Dec 19, 2016

2. Win 10 Enterprise Edition - Getting blue dump errors | No hardware issue found on Dell latitude 5480

Hi Sumit,

I can't get into Safe Mode or a command prompt or boot through win 10 bootable USB as I get blue dump error for all.

I can access the Boot Menu and the BIOS but that's it.

Thanks,

Vinay Mathad

VinayMathad, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Win 10 Enterprise Edition - Getting blue dump errors | No hardware issue found on Dell latitude 5480

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your response.

This is a Business laptop (Dell) and currently in our company we use Win 10 15063 build.

Initially the laptop came with Win 10 (not sure which version) but this was pre-loaded by Dell and was rebuilt with our comapanys enterprise Win 10.

Note:

I can't get into Safe Mode or a command prompt or boot through win 10 bootable USB as I get blue dump error for all.

I can access the Boot Menu and the BIOS but that's it.

VinayMathad, Dec 19, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.

What did you use to create the USB flash drive?

NavyLCDR, Dec 19, 2016
  5. I used a direct link to the Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit ISO. It was a link to a Microsoft page not another site that allegedly hosted the ISO. I originally tried the Media Creation tool but for some reason it couldn't "see" my USB drive.

ChrisHistorian, Dec 19, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What did you use to get the files from the ISO file to the USB flash drive and make the USB flash drive bootable?

NavyLCDR, Dec 19, 2016
  7. LCDR (I'm a historian for the US Navy btw...)

I ended up using Rufus to make the USB bootable instead of simply downloading the ISO to it. That solved the problem I posted about in this forum. I've got problem #2 over in the installation forum. It gets to approximately 65-70% and then I get error code 0x80070570. I've researched that error code, and many of the websites suggest removing RAM until the problem's isolated. Given that it's a laptop I'm loathe to try that. I'm going to try to use the Media Creation Tool using a DVD this evening and see if I can get that to work.

I'm very worried the X-70 is somehow damaged. I never got an error code while using it, but it did slow down when using Firefox to surf the Internet recently and sometimes Word would hang too. I attributed the Internet surfing issue to Firefox being such a memory hog. Using Chrome was a bit faster. Now I'm not sure what to think.

ChrisHistorian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB.

1. Help! Can't get to boot from Win 10 bootable USB. - Similar Threads - Help Can't boot

2. Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...: Hello,I run Win 10 22H2 on my Dell E5440 Laptop. It has a 1TB SSD in it.I have tried many times to use the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB Flash Drive, but have not had a single success. When I try to boot from the many Flash Drives I have created, one of...
  3. Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...: Hello,I run Win 10 22H2 on my Dell E5440 Laptop. It has a 1TB SSD in it.I have tried many times to use the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB Flash Drive, but have not had a single success. When I try to boot from the many Flash Drives I have created, one of...
  4. Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  6. Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB: I recently had hardware replacements on my laptop: motherboard and hard-disk, by the laptop manufacturer itself as my device is within the warranty period. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and...
  7. Windows 10 Bootable USB Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bootable USB Help: Hi there, I built a pc but need help making a usb to get windows 10 on it. I have a MacBook laptop and can't seem to figure out how to get into onto my usb using that. I tried my dad's windows 8 laptop but kept getting an error during the download. Any help/tips would be...
  8. Bootable USB help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootable USB help: Hi, so my laptop uses aptio setup utility and I really need to boot windows 10 from USB. The problem is I've tried almost everything that I can think of or what the internet has told me and nothing seems to work, the only thing that all these options have had in common is I...
  9. Can't boot Windows 10 Looking for help re-installing from bootable USB and save files

Can't boot Windows 10 Looking for help re-installing from bootable USB and save files: Hello folks, My laptop did a major Win 10 feature update in early January plus some security updates, etc. all was fine after the update and I used my laptop for a day without issue. When I woke up the next day my laptop seemed frozen with a black screen and I had to power...
  10. Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB

Can't get a UEFI PC to boot a Windows 10 Enterprise trial bootable USB: Hy guys, on a UEFI PC Asus g752, a Windows 10 bootable usb is not recognized during boot time. The PC has Secure Boot Disabled and CS mode enabled in the BIOS/UEFI. The bootable USB was created using Rufus and I tried all options including MBR/UEFI and GPT/UEFI , both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get bootable usb stick to boot windows 64