Windows 10: Help! Can't install anything

Discus and support Help! Can't install anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just tried installing LibreOffice, Almost installed then it started rolling back. Said... Virus & Threat Protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milford, Jun 5, 2018.

1. milford Win User

Help! Can't install anything

Just tried installing LibreOffice, Almost installed then it started rolling back. Said...

Virus & Threat Protection
    Unauthorized Changes Blocked
    Controlled Folder Access Blocked

So I turned off Windows Defender and tried again. Same message.
    Tried Safe Mode...No Windows Installer in Safe Mode
    Tried a different AV. Bitdefender. Tried installing. Got to 90% then started rollback. Same error message.
    Made sure Defender was off, allowed exe files, ran as Administrator. Same error message.

Does anyone know whats going on???

Running Win 10 1709 16299.431

:)

milford, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Neil_MXI Win User

Can't install anything

I can't install anything - I get an error message telling me that an installation is in progress and it must complete before I install anything else.

I've done a disk clean-up as suggested and checked the registry but there is no Windows Installer In Progress entry.

All suggestions and help welcome.

Neil

Neil_MXI, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 start page can't open anything.

Hi,

This issue might occur if the system settings are corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows logo key + X, select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Run the "sfc /scannow" command by copy/pasting it into the Command prompt (Admin) and hit
      Enter key.
    • Once it complete, try to install updates again to see if they work correctly
    For more information about the System File Checker tool, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Help! Can't install anything

1. Help! Can't install anything - Similar Threads - Help Can't install

2. Can't install anything from Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install anything from Google: I want to install a 4.2mb software on my D drive which has 45 gigabytes left but the download says my disk is full and fails when the disk clearly has way more than enough space on it, why is that?...
  3. Can't remove or install anything.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove or install anything.: Hey,I cant install or remove things, it always writes "the requested operation requires elevation", and asks for a face recognition.After it approves my face it keep asking it again and again. I tried to remove the face recognition and it does the same thing as the video,...
  4. Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't install anything/give permissions to anything: So recently my PC ran into an issue where everytime i want to install a program or otherwise give a program permissions to modify my computer, i can't grant it permissions. What USED to happen is that windows would do its normal thing of graying the screen and giving me the...
  5. I can't install anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install anything.: When I install something like PUBG LITE,it cames out "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.Please select another."I don't even see theinstallation manual option.It seems like it has chosen a default drive for me but it's not available...
  6. Win10 - Can't Install Anything As Admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 - Can't Install Anything As Admin.: Windows updated and my MSI gaming laptop went from about 5 seconds boot to about 60 seconds. I figured I screwed something up in the update and anything I found online suggested that I do a repair.... so I ran a repair - the option that kept my data on a my laptop. Now, I...
  7. I can't install anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install anything.: I got my Microsoft Surface laptop last week and even from the beginning after I started to set it up, it acted weird. It wouldn't let me install anything from the app store, so I upgraded to Windows 10 S and that still wouldn't work. I can't use anything in the app store at...
  8. Windows Store - Can't Install Anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store - Can't Install Anything: Hey everyone, So I can't install anything from the Windows Store. What happened is that I was trying to open the weather app. It would open and close down right away. So I removed it within powershell and I can't install it or any apps now. When I try to install an app, I...
  9. windows to go can't install anything

in Windows 10 Support
    windows to go can't install anything: hi all I've got the ironkey windows to go 10 enterprise and I want to install some programs. first firefox crashes all the time I open it, chrome is not downloading, adobe acrobat is not downloading. the wireless connection is active and works perfect but when I try to...
  10. I can't install anything ... Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't install anything ... Please help!: I've had problems with Windows 10 since day 1 of upgrading, and I'm getting tired of it ... First, Steam decided not to start after a while. I figured I should try to reinstall it, and when the window saying "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?" comes...