Windows 10: Help - Change user rearranges my icons!

Discus and support Help - Change user rearranges my icons! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, and I can't work out why, every time I change User on my Win10 PC, it re-arranges the desktop icons. Not sure why it does this or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by t8769, Feb 6, 2016.

1. t8769 Win User

Help - Change user rearranges my icons!

For some reason, and I can't work out why, every time I change User on my Win10 PC, it re-arranges the desktop icons.

Not sure why it does this or how can I can stop it.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

:)

t8769, Feb 6, 2016

2. Desktop messed up after an update

I restarted in SAFE MODE, but it still changes my icons when rearranging them.

Leonardo Manrique, Feb 6, 2016
  3. bizort Win User
    Desktop Icons Keep Rearranging after screen resolution change

This seems to be a problem many people have.

I run windows 10, and everytime i plug HDMI cable into TV, changing the screen resolution, it resets my desktop configuration.

My desktop is not on auto align. Desktop theme is not allowed to make changes to icon layout

This is a problem multiple users seem to have.

Desktop icons keep rearranging - Page 11 - Windows 10 Forums with no solution other than registry edits.

There must be a better way to deal with this.

Can somebody please help ?

bizort, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

Help - Change user rearranges my icons!

1. Help - Change user rearranges my icons! - Similar Threads - Help Change user

2. Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...: Every time the computer wakes from sleep, my desktop is a mess: all open windows from apps and from Win10 system dialogs are resized and moved to different locations on my display. I have turned OFF all 'snap' and 'multitasking' options, didn't help. I have also set my...
  3. Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...: Every time the computer wakes from sleep, my desktop is a mess: all open windows from apps and from Win10 system dialogs are resized and moved to different locations on my display. I have turned OFF all 'snap' and 'multitasking' options, didn't help. I have also set my...
  4. Help please! Windows keeps rearranging my desktop! [NOT rearranging icons, actual open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons: My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the...
  6. Rearranging Icons Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rearranging Icons Problem: This happens randomly, so I tried to reproduce the issue in the video (0:16) https://streamable.com/w94ch6 It's stupid that I have to use third party application just for keeping icons in place... Where else can I report this so microsoft dev team can look this up? submitted...
  7. Desktop Icons rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons rearranging: I have a user who is using dual monitors and their desktop icons always revert back to the main monitor on restart. I logged in and moved icons around and restarted and everything was where i moved it. So this appears to be user specific. I am assuming their is something that...
  8. Icons rearrange on reboot

Icons rearrange on reboot: Hello, Ever since we have had users install 1909 update, there are some people who have issues with the icons on their desktop moving. They might move to a different row or column or they will move to a totally different screen that is not the main screen. I have looked into...
  9. Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop display changed. Icons smaller and rearranged: Windows 10 1903 on a laptop. I don't recall doing anything intentionally but suddenly all the icons on my desktop have changed position and are much smaller in size. I checked Display settings and they are unchanged: (see screenshot) How can I restore the display? 139888
  10. rearrange icons on desktop

rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...