Windows 10: Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders

Discus and support Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am a bit confused about redirecting user folders in Windows 10, that is move the user folders like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc FROM my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DAWO, Dec 24, 2015.

1. DAWO Win User

Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders

Hi,

I am a bit confused about redirecting user folders in Windows 10, that is move the user folders like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc FROM my C-drive which is the default drive, TO a new drive, for example D-Drive where I have my Old Documents, Picture and Music folders.

So the situation is this.

I have made an upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 using the free offer from Microsoft.

I then realized that some old software do not seem to work, etc, which has made me want to make a new, clean install of Windows 10 on my C-drive (that is a new formated one), and then re-connect my "old" Documents, Pictures, Music, etc folders which I have on a separate D-Drive.

When I did this in Windows 7 (and I think with Windows 8.1 as well), I just went to the Documents folder on the C-drive, right clicked an choose properties and then moved the folder to the "old" folder also named "Documents" on the D-drive, by using the Move... button in the Location-tab in the Properties dialog of the Documents folder (for example).

Is this the way to do it in Windows 10 as well, or do I have to do it the rather "technical" way described by Kari in "Users Folder - Change Location in Windows 10"? The reason for asking this, is that I cannot find this "Location tab" in Windows 10, nor the "Move..."-button.

Would be grateful if someone could clarify this a bit!

:)

2. New Windows 10 update replaced my user folders with OneDrive

There are a lot of a questions like these but none of them help.

Windows 10 automatically updated on my computer and everything was going okay. But when I try to go to my Documents and Pictures folders on This PC, they redirect to OneDrive. This PC used to redirect to the C:/Users/[name]/Pictures folder, but I can't get
    it to redirect back there.

Please help me. I need them back and they are pinned to Quick Access right now. But that really isn't helping me at all.

And all I'd like is for This PC to redirect to my user folders. I've read many other things and NOTHING helps because This PC is taken over by One Drive.

johnnycade, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Corrupted Recycle bin

Looking at our resources, there's a possibility that this concern has something to do with permission issues. Try to configure the folder redirection policy for documents.

Configured the Folder Redirection policy for Documents:

Target tab:

Setting: Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to the same location

Target folder location - Redirect to the user's home directory

Settings tab:

Enabled - Move the contents of Documents to the new location.

Disabled - Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents.

Disabled - Also apply redirection policy to Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP and Windows 2003 operating systems

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 24, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders [​IMG]

Hi, it seems to be there still.. (10586.36)

dalchina, Dec 24, 2015
  5. DAWO Win User
    Funny!? I must have right clicked on the wrong folder???

6. Ztruker Win User
    Make sure you click on C:\Users\youraccount\Document, not Documents under Libraries.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help clearing things up regarding redirecting user folders - Similar Threads - Help clearing things

2. Redirecting the everything going to the user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirecting the everything going to the user folder: I have a small system SSD-disk that is getting to small for the task. I don't really have a replacement at hand and I can't afford a new one right now. So I know windows and programs running on windows just keep filling the user-folder with all kinds of trash, it's a...
  3. Redirecting the everything going to the user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirecting the everything going to the user folder: I have a small system SSD-disk that is getting to small for the task. I don't really have a replacement at hand and I can't afford a new one right now. So I know windows and programs running on windows just keep filling the user-folder with all kinds of trash, it's a...
  4. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  5. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  6. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Regarding OneDrive folder in user

Regarding OneDrive folder in user: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc yet their is a folder in user. I tried deleting it and that made me lost all of my data in my Docs and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and what ever it...
  8. Clear things safely from Windows\Installer folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear things safely from Windows\Installer folder?: Hey all - I have a lady who asked me to do an SSD upgrade on her Toshiba laptop running Win10 (latest version). It's got a 500GB drive and the drive I purchased for the upgrade is a 256GB Crucial MX500 SSD. I purchased a smaller one because I know she has very few programs...
  9. Folder Redirection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Redirection: I created a folder on Windows 10 and on my Server 2016 I created a GPO that will direct Desktop of the users on the domain to the folder I created on Windows 10. Because I applied wrong the GPO I tried to delete it and unchecked the share box on the folder I created under...
  10. bing redirect thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bing redirect thing: Ok so, when ever I search something on google it redirects to bing. I haven’t downloaded anything recently and my windows defender isnt detecting anything. Any tips? submitted by /u/jaggerboi14 [link] [comments]...