Windows 10: Help, computer not always waking from sleep?

Discus and support Help, computer not always waking from sleep? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, i dont know if this is a windows 10 problem or something but i need some assistance. I bought a pc from CyberPower PC a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DropkickJeremy, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Help, computer not always waking from sleep?

Hello everyone, i dont know if this is a windows 10 problem or something but i need some assistance. I bought a pc from CyberPower PC a couple of months ago and so far its been great. But the last few weeks (i believe is when it started) my computer doesn't always want to wake up from sleep. I'll click the mouse or press the keyboard and see the power light come back on and even hear the fans kick on, but nothing comes up on the monitor. It sounds like it doesnt fully wake up, since all i hear is the fans kick on and thats it. So i have to turn my computer off using the switch on the back, then back on and press the power button for it to restart and then it works just fine. I just don't get why is sometimes wont wake up? Also, i don't know if this matters or what causes this, but i turned my pc on the other day and hit DEL to go straight into BIOS and noticed under "BIOS Features" and "OS Type" it says "Windows 8" even though im running windows 10. I tried changing that but the only other option it gives me is "Other OS" and thats it. So i thought that was weird. My pc specs are:

AMD FX 8350 4.00GHz
    16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory
    Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX
    Corsair CX600M CX Series Modular 80 Plus Bronze 600w
    AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5

I don't overclock it (don't know hwo) and i've tried seeing if drivers needed updated or something, but i couldn't find anything (unless i'm looking in the wrong spot), so i have no idea whats causing this. I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, this is extremely frustrating.

:)

DropkickJeremy, Jun 10, 2016

2. Computer always crashes when waking from sleep right after Windows 10 Update - Dec 2017

Thank you, I found the drivers for my graphics card and updated them. So far so good, no crash since I updated them.

Tina Mailhot-Roberge, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Computer always crashes when waking from sleep right after Windows 10 Update - Dec 2017

Hello there,

Following a Windows update last week, my laptop crashes every time I try to wake it from sleep or hibernate. When I try to turn my computer back on from sleep, now I get a grey/white digital snow screen, a clear crash that can only be solved by forcefully
    turning off the computer and then turning it back on.

I never experienced anything like this before and I can precisely pinpoint it to the last Windows 10 update. Thanks
    Obama Windows.

Here are the most recent updates according to my update history:

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - 12/1/2017
    • 2017-11 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based Systems KB4048951 - 12/2/2017
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems KB4041994 12/2/2017

A few more updates were installed yesterday but none solved my issue so...

If that's any help, I have a 2015 13' Alienware laptop, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59GHz with 16GB of RAM, and using an NVIDIA GeForce 960M Graphics card.

What should I do to fix this issue? It's not that I'm getting tired of my computer crashing but... yeah, I'm getting tired.

Thank you for your assistance.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Tina Mailhot-Roberge, Jun 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Help, computer not always waking from sleep?

Hello *Smile

I'm not sure I can help you very much, the motherboard you are using is a few years old and predates Windows 10, I checked to see if they had updated the BIOS but they have not provided anything since 2014 so that is why you will not be finding any mention of Windows 10, you should leave it set to Windows 8.

The drivers provided by Gigabyte have been updated for windows 10 and you should check to see if you are on their recommended drivers but having said that the default ones provided by Microsoft can be just as good. It might be worth looking back to see if there have been any significant changes to drivers over the last few weeks. Use reliability history, type reliability in the search box to find and select it.

If you have system restore points activated ( a good thing to do) you can try reverting your system back to a time when things were ok.

philc43, Jun 10, 2016
  5. I just had my computer built a couple months ago and windows 10 came installed on it, i don't get why it wouldnt work with it?

DropkickJeremy, Jun 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    All the parts are "compatible" with W10 so yes it should work but whoever built it used an older MB and when that happens there is always a risk that drivers might need some updating as the new W10 operating system continues to be improved.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help, computer not always waking from sleep?

1. Help, computer not always waking from sleep? - Similar Threads - Help computer always

2. Computer keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking from sleep: My computer (fully up-to-date - 19042.746) Windows 10 Home x64 wakes from sleep constantly. This is what is waking the computer: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  3. Help - Computer keeps waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help - Computer keeps waking from Sleep: Computer goes to sleep and wakes up 30 seconds later. When I run "powercfg -walktimers", I get the following message "Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\svchost.exe SystemEventsBroker expires at 3:34:41 PM on 12/28/2020.Reason: Windows will...
  4. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  5. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I"ve been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  6. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I've been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  7. Computer doesn’t wake from sleep

Computer doesn’t wake from sleep: Each time I walk away from my HP laptop running windows 10 and it goes to sleep, it won't wake up without a forced restart. All Windows updates have been run. All HP hardware and software updates have been run as in completed. Here are what the power settings and the...
  8. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  9. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  10. Computer wont wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....