Windows 10: Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

Discus and support Help "Creating a Full Backup Image" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media. For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ImLost, Aug 23, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media.
    For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb USB 3.0. Should this be checked or "formatted" a certain way before I get started?

:)

ImLost, Aug 23, 2018

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Help "Creating a Full Backup Image" :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: Support Answers
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Help "Creating a Full Backup Image" :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Having trouble creating a backup image

Hello Shane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 and for being a part of Windows 10 family.

As per the issue description you are unable to create a system image of your computer. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided below and see if it helps you to create a system image.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control panel from the list.
    • Select large icons under view by option.
    • Open File history.
    • Click the System Image Backup link in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
    • Connect an external USB hard drive with enough free space.
    • In the backup wizard, you'll be prompted to choose from one of the three options to save the backup. For this example, we are going select the hard drive you just connected. However, keep in mind that you can backup to DVD blanks and a network share, but
      these options will slow down the backup process.

Help "Creating a Full Backup Image" 022d2731-5ebc-450e-a935-4865fd418c2a.png

• Click Next.
    • Confirm and begin the process by clicking Start backup.

Help "Creating a Full Backup Image" [​IMG]

• The backup could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, it all depends on the amount of data to be backed up.
    • And yes, during the backup process, you can use your computer as you would normally do.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

1. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image" - Similar Threads - Help Creating Full

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Create a Backup Image 101

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a Backup Image 101: Greetings, My wifey has a laptop that was set up a very specific way to work with a very specific printer. We had to pay a guy over a hundred clams to make it work this way and (call me paranoid) but I think he made a point of not letting me see how he did it so that he...
  9. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

in Windows 10 Support
    Help "Creating a Full Backup Image": From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media. For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb USB 3.0. Should this be checked or "formatted" a certain way before I get started? 116475
  10. Help with creating a system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help with creating a system image backup: I'm looking for help to create a system image backup on my 64GB usb drive. The problem is that I have a lot of games that takes a lot of space. I want to create a system image backup without the games so I can put it on my 64GB usb drive. I also want the system backup image...