Windows 10: HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume

Discus and support HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All I want to do is assign a custom icon to a Mounted Volume folder/drive. Here is what I've tried so far... 1) I have a secondary SSD with 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Inkedxx, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Inkedxx Win User

HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume

All I want to do is assign a custom icon to a Mounted Volume folder/drive. Here is what I've tried so far...

1) I have a secondary SSD with 3 volumes (Documents, Pictures, Music). I used "Mount into an empty NTFS folder" to mounted each one into each of the following, respectively:

C:\Users\*ME*\Documents\
    C:\Users\*ME*\Pictures\
    C:\Users\*ME*\Music\

Once that was done, I clicked on Properties and tried using the "Customize" tab to change the icon, but the change is not saved, and always reverts to a default drive icon.

2) I was able to change the "Desktop" icon by editing the hidden "desktop.ini" file. I tried using the same method with the Mounted Volumes and this also did not work.

HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume [​IMG]

NOTE: After trying each method above, I cleared the icon cache and restarted just in case. The mounted volumes still have the same icon.

:)

Inkedxx, Apr 6, 2016

2. How do I find volume identifiers?

Mountvol gave me the following. These volume IDs don't look like any I've seen before or the previous values I saw in the BCD. Are they correct?

C:\Windows\system32>mountvol

Creates, deletes, or lists a volume mount point.

MOUNTVOL [drive:]path VolumeName

MOUNTVOL [drive:]path /D

MOUNTVOL [drive:]path /L

MOUNTVOL [drive:]path /P

MOUNTVOL /R

MOUNTVOL /N

MOUNTVOL /E

path Specifies the existing NTFS directory where the mount

point will reside.

VolumeName Specifies the volume name that is the target of the mount

point.

/D Removes the volume mount point from the specified directory.

/L Lists the mounted volume name for the specified directory.

/P Removes the volume mount point from the specified directory,

dismounts the volume, and makes the volume not mountable.

You can make the volume mountable again by creating a volume

mount point.

/R Removes volume mount point directories and registry settings

for volumes that are no longer in the system.

/N Disables automatic mounting of new volumes.

/E Re-enables automatic mounting of new volumes.

Possible values for VolumeName along with current mount points are:

\\?\Volume{2f45e22a-0000-0000-0000-100000000000}\

*** NO MOUNT POINTS ***

\\?\Volume{2f45e22a-0000-0000-008e-646e1d000000}\

E:\

\\?\Volume{2f45e22a-0000-0000-0000-80852e000000}\

F:\

\\?\Volume{2f45e22a-0000-0000-0000-602200000000}\

D:\

\\?\Volume{2f45e22a-0000-0000-0000-60570c000000}\

C:\

\\?\Volume{04655401-ecb9-11e7-bfa4-806e6f6e6963}\

O:\

David P. Vancouver, Apr 6, 2016
  3. How to view free space of a mounted volume in windows 10 ?

I have a mounted volume - i.e, c:\directory

-

Under windows 7 if i clicked directory and then property it would show it is a mounted volume. If I then ask for properties of that mounted volume it would show free space.

Under windows 10 it shows used and free space as 0. If I use disk management and click on properties of the partition that is mounted again it shows 0 free space and 0 space used. However, the disk is obviously mounted and the files on it accessible.

-

Is there a way to check how much space is free ?

nobodyhometoday, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume

1. HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume - Similar Threads - HELP Custom Icon

2. Volume Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Icon: Please tell me how to restore my volume icn in the bottomright-hand of my computer. It's gone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon/25317a27-8980-47aa-b6c5-8d00ae762943
  3. ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount: I have 2-way mirrored storage space that reads as healthy when the ReFS volume is unmounted. The problem is when I try to mount it via diskmgmt, explorer will hang forever with System using about 10% CPU forever. I've tried leaving this process running for 4 days and it did...
  4. Assign volume name to a current mount point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign volume name to a current mount point: Hello, I had a kernel error that resulted in a partition "D", a 200 GB partition, disappearance. I have tried the following so far, but I can't solve the problem yet. 1 I used disk Management as admin and didn't find the volume, so I tried to assign a letter to the space...
  5. Windows 10 Volume Icon Disappears with Text Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Volume Icon Disappears with Text Custom Scaling: When I set my text custom scaling to 110%, my volume icon is no longer displayed on the taskbar. The volume icon is displayed when I switch from 100% to 125%, but it disappears when I enter the custom size of 110% under the "advanced scaling settings". I did check the...
  6. Volume icon

Volume icon: I am unable to select volume adjust from my windows tray at bottem of screen. Right now it is set at 100%, but I would like to be able to adjust the volume up or down like before....
  7. (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

(Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.: I think the icons on the taskbar are very bland. While I know how to change app icons, I couldn't change the battery, volume and wifi icons. I think that I have to replace the windows icons with the icons I need but I can't find the correct file or maybe I need to install a...
  8. Mounting Volumes for the Blackberry Playbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mounting Volumes for the Blackberry Playbook: I have used a Blackberry Playbook for years to watch videos at the gym. Some time ago, following a Windows 10 update, I was no longer able to access/mount the internal volumes. As such, I can no longer transfer videos from my computer to my playbook. I have tried all...
  9. Mount- and unmount a volume and a formatting question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mount- and unmount a volume and a formatting question: A while back I mounted a partition as a folder to a drive (disk managment) All fine. I have a question regarding formatting. I would like to format the parent drive (the drive to which the partition is mounted as a NTFS folder) Q: what happens when I format that drive?...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help: hello; i have changed the default app icons in my taskbar and they look good, but when i run the app its icon changes to default until i close that app. to let you know i just right click on icon on taskbar >>Properties>>Change Icon. i also tried to save all app...