Windows 10: Help Determine Dynamic Disk Type for File Recovery Effort

Discus and support Help Determine Dynamic Disk Type for File Recovery Effort in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to determine the Dynamic Disk Type for external enclosure (with 2 drives). The MFT is broken on one drive, and I need to figure out how it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by generalcon, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Help Determine Dynamic Disk Type for File Recovery Effort

I need to determine the Dynamic Disk Type for external enclosure (with 2 drives). The MFT is broken on one drive, and I need to figure out how it was set up to accurately assess the recovery effort. Anyone have any suggestions or smart tips? Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

generalcon, Sep 29, 2016

2. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2016
  3. mikhaal_6 Win User
    partitions

Hello,

You might be having the problem for having your disk as Basic.

Examply, some image recovery programs dont work when the disk is Dynamic.

So I highly recommend you to check the disc type and compare to the operating system requirements you want to install.

Finally reconfigure the type of the disk according to the requirement of the OS.

mikhaal_6, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

Help Determine Dynamic Disk Type for File Recovery Effort

1. Help Determine Dynamic Disk Type for File Recovery Effort - Similar Threads - Help Determine Dynamic

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. Unallocated on Dynamic disk !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unallocated on Dynamic disk !: Hey everyone , I have a laptop with a Windows 10 installed on an SSD [:C] and I've extra SSD slot with another 1 TB SSD [:E] installed into it . I've recently installed dual boot Ubuntu on on my [:E] disk by first unallocating 500 GB for the installation , after...
  5. SSD Trimming of Dynamic Disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Trimming of Dynamic Disks: Recently i've had a drive failure and that enabled me to buy a new disk for replacement this time an SSD!. After copying the file from the damaged disk and doing running some repair utilities DISM restorehealth and SFC the machine booted. At that time i've noticed a big...
  6. My disk is Dynamic!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My disk is Dynamic!: Can you tell me how to change Dynamic Disk to Basic Disk without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-is-dynamic/2f5fac23-d9d7-4288-a225-3b6ba936a6c5
  7. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  8. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  9. please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk: Hi, I am sorry im not tech savy and i am trying to put 24tb together and i have 6 external drives of 4tb each. I am in disk management and I am trying to convert each of them from basic disk to a dynamic disk so i can group them together but it is showing a message of "The...
  10. Determine Account Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine Account Type in Windows 10: How to: Determine Account Type in Windows 10 How to Determine if Users are an Administrator or Standard User in Windows 10 When you set up Windows, you were required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to set up your PC and...