Windows 10: Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

Discus and support Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Avril Michelle, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really annoying and I'd really like to disable it because I use my computer to draw a lot. Please help...

:)

Avril Michelle, Jul 20, 2016
  2. HRB HNR Win User

Logs off after only 1 minute of inactivity

After installing Windows 10, I have a minor problem that I cannot resolve.

After only 1 minute of inactivity, I am logged off and have to retype in my password in order to start using the computer.

I have checked the power settings and all are set to 10 minutes or more. I've also adjusted the screen saver timer to 10 minutes, and now I have just turned it off. Still the same issue.

When I say l am logged off, I am not sure that I am using accurate terminology. All I do know is that I have to retype my password in at the log in screen.

Any help would be great.

PS - not sure if it makes a difference, but I have a laptop

HRB HNR, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Logs off after only 1 minute of inactivity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Let’s try with the below steps and try resolving the issues.

Method 1: Check if the issue resolves in Safe Mode.

• Click start and search Settings app -> Update and security -> Recovery.

• In the corresponding right pane of Recovery screen shown below, click on
    Restart now under advanced startup.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to Safe Mode

Safe mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers.

If the computer works fine in safe mode, Perform a Clean boot.

Method 2: Perform a clean boot

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.
    Follow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If this doesn’t resolve the issue then try the next method in Normal mode of Windows.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press the ‘Windows + X’ key on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select
    Power.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Reference: Power plans FAQ -
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

What's turning off? Please, elaborate.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2016
  5. My entire cpu will just put the lock screen up and require me to put in the password. It does this if I don't move the mouse or do something for about 1 minute.

Avril Michelle, Jul 20, 2016
  6. Sorry for the delay.

1. Do you want to completely disable the lock screen?

2. Do you want to disable the lock screen on-resume only, then replace it with a screen saver? You will still have a lock screen on startup.

3. Do you want to increase the wait time for the Lock Screen to appear. If this is the choice, here's the path:

R/Click Desktop>Personalize>Lock Screen>Screen Saver Settings>Adjust wait time in minutes>Click OK.

Hope this helps,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

1. Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option? - Similar Threads - Help disabling 'turn

2. lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen after inactivity only approx. 1 minute: My intel laptop goes to lock screen after approx. 1 minute. Windows 11 homeThere is a lot of info about screen saver times, when plugged in / or on battery. a different subjectI find it so annoying when I am working, the screen locks, facial recognition or pin needed to carry...
  3. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  4. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  5. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  7. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  8. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity: I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity. This...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop disable power off inactivity printer

2. why is pc turning off after 1 minute inactivity