Windows 10: Help dont know what happened

Discus and support Help dont know what happened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sunday evening while using my laptop which runs Windows 10 with no problems started to do automatic upgrades and was configuring and had the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by janm123456, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Help dont know what happened

sunday evening while using my laptop which runs Windows 10 with no problems started to do automatic upgrades and was configuring and had the message displayed DO NOT SHUT OFF COMPUTER and was installing when I accidentally shut off my next book tablet also running win 10 and is synced , and when my laptop restarted the screen is a black background and ALL text is yellow also on my tablet. Windows does not look the same and the bright yellow text hurts my eyes, I also had to reinstall Netflix's app to get my Netflix's back. How do I get my normal screen back on both devices, the tablet is brand new[/Iplease help ]

:)

janm123456, Aug 15, 2016

2. I don't know what happened, this happened to all of my desktop icons and i would really like to fix it.

So this happened yesterday and i have no idea what caused it, if anyone could help me fix it that would be extremely appreciated
    Help dont know what happened [​IMG]

TrentKnouse95, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    I don't know what happened, this happened to all of my desktop icons and i would really like to fix it.

Hi,

To restore your desktop icons to its original appearance, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on the desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select Medium icons.

The appearance of the icons will change if you'll press CTRL + Shift + 8. It produces different views when used on any folder including Windows desktop.

Keep us posted.

Paola Gar, Aug 15, 2016
  4. Help dont know what happened

I'd love to try and help, but I honestly have no idea what is going on. Any chance you could describe what happened or what is going on in a way that we can follow along?

DeaconFrost, Aug 15, 2016
  5. Better Send a screen shot...
    I believe HighContrast theme might have turned on... and the same settings got turned on both on your devices through microsoft sync.

Try this

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • From the drop down Turn it Off.
    • If thats not the case please Send us a picture how every thing looks like.
    • You can also try system restore to take it back to previous settings

manish9009, Aug 15, 2016
  6. ok everythg functions ok its just the whole Windows looks dif, no pretty background pis when you open no blue "person shell "where u sign on. background on home page is black with yellow lines bordering all text is yellow on blk even on this forum all text yellow all lines yellow and boxes black with yellow txt this happened after auto updates

janm123456, Aug 15, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    If your Windows has any theme close to Windows Classic -- try that theme; also what happened in Safe Mode?

RolandJS, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help dont know what happened

1. Help dont know what happened - Similar Threads - Help dont happened

2. i miss clicked and something i dont rlly know what happened plz help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i miss clicked and something i dont rlly know what happened plz help: i miss clicked and something i dont rlly know what happened but i saw something like a icon on the windows start thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-miss-clicked-and-something-i-dont-rlly-know-what/13788b22-f17f-449b-a377-5a72e1cdfab8
  3. i miss clicked and something i dont rlly know what happened plz help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i miss clicked and something i dont rlly know what happened plz help: i miss clicked and something i dont rlly know what happened but i saw something like a icon on the windows start thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-miss-clicked-and-something-i-dont-rlly-know-what/13788b22-f17f-449b-a377-5a72e1cdfab8
  4. Dont what happened please help urgent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dont what happened please help urgent: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/No-Salamander-6057 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnqyme/dont_what_happened_please_help_urgent/
  5. Please help, i don't know what happened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help, i don't know what happened: it suddenly become like this. the space is quite abnormal after i restart my PC [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-i-dont-know-what-happened/46af0fb7-226b-4562-b5e1-57ea17023f29
  6. Help I don’t know what happened

Help I don’t know what happened: I went on my acer laptop today which uses windows 10 and everything has reset to default without me doing anything. It was fine yesterday and I don’t know what’s happened. Should this happen and should i be worried? submitted by /u/kaelan_pg [link] [comments]...
  7. help. i dont know what i did

help. i dont know what i did: [ATTACH] i was playing a game and this UI popped up. i dont know what i did and i dont know how to get rid of it. i asked the previos owner and they said theyve never seen it...
  8. i dont what is happening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i dont what is happening: 3 to 4 hours ago i was designing something on canva and watching a video in the other tab i used snip to cut out a picture in my mail suddenly i head a sound which was distorded and it was a the video i was scared so closed my computer and when i turned it on i was seeing the...
  9. I dont know what happened but im stuck in a endless cycle

I dont know what happened but im stuck in a endless cycle: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Projekt12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpyylx/i_dont_know_what_happened_but_im_stuck_in_a/
  10. I dont even know how or what happened to my PC please help

in Windows 10 Support
    I dont even know how or what happened to my PC please help: Hello, so I dont even know where to start. This morning I got on to my PC because it's my day off, and for a while now the new "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986)" update hasn't been auto-updating and failing. There was also an...