Windows 10: Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer

Discus and support Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something is amiss on my computer. Normally all my drives load and show availability along with the icon image: [img] But now its like this: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xev11, Jul 8, 2018.

1. xev11 Win User

Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer

Something is amiss on my computer.

Normally all my drives load and show availability along with the icon image:
    Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer [​IMG]

But now its like this:

And my desktop similarly doesnt load properly :

It's fine in Safe Mode.

Thoughts? Help please

:)

xev11, Jul 8, 2018
  2. prattden Win User

How do i stop File Explorer from loading and crashing over and over??

Holy moly! This solution seems to have worked! Two days now without File Explorer driving me insane with it's constant cycling of loading and crashing, loading and crashing. Hoping this is a permanent solution.

Thanks much for your help.

Two days later and the problem has returned. File Explorer loading on its own and crashing, though not constantly the way it was before.

prattden, Jul 8, 2018
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer

I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer

1. Help Drives not loading in My PC Explorer - Similar Threads - Help Drives loading

2. External Drive taking forever to load. Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Drive taking forever to load. Help!: Hello everyone, Hope you are well!My PC is not loading my external hard disk properly, it keeps getting stuck on loading the drive and everything related to the drive just keeps getting stuck. I can't open it, I can't disconnect from it, I can't check the properties in...
  3. External Drive taking forever to load. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive taking forever to load. Help!: Hello everyone, Hope you are well!My PC is not loading my external hard disk properly, it keeps getting stuck on loading the drive and everything related to the drive just keeps getting stuck. I can't open it, I can't disconnect from it, I can't check the properties in...
  4. External Drive taking forever to load. Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Explorer is crashing and not loading on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Explorer is crashing and not loading on restart: Windows Explorer is not loading on restart . Start menu doesn't start . Restarting explorer makes the system work normally Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, , time stamp: 0xa0f1a2fcFaulting module name: twinui.pcshell.dll, , time stamp: 0x78fc8e3aException code:...
  6. Windows Explorer not loading thumbnails, files and drives?

Windows Explorer not loading thumbnails, files and drives?: Windows Explorer on my Windows 10 machine has suddenly stopped functioning properly. Thumbnails now do not appear, replaced by white placeholders. My drives sometimes do not appear at all when in "This PC" - it just shows "Working on it..." with a green bar that never loads...
  7. File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!: Opening File Explorer shows a green progress bar that will never finish. It won’t even let me access my other files which I need for my college course and assignments. How the heck do I fix this besides rebooting every time it does this? submitted by /u/brown_brix [link]...
  8. Explorer not loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer not loading: Does anyone have the problem of black screen on startup? The only way it goes away is to press Ctr Alt Del and run explorer.exe from Task manager. I have this bug on 2 separate systems. submitted by /u/Brazzers1917 [link] [comments]...
  9. 3 External Drives load Explorer at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 External Drives load Explorer at Startup: A friend has 3 external drives attached to his laptop while a current project is progressing these days. After a restart or a shutdown/start the three drives will have an explorer window open. They will continue to reopen if the X close button is clicked immediately....
  10. Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.

Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.: [img] As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested. This happens, seemingly, randomly, at least I haven't been able to find a pattern. If I unmount all network drives the problem disappears. Sometimes it loads within a...