Windows 10: HELP dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, atikmpag.sys constantly causing BSODs

Discus and support HELP dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, atikmpag.sys constantly causing BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started fixing BSODs from when I first installed Windows 10 Home. See here: BSOD - Fresh Windows 10 64 Bit Install - Maybe Hardware problems I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaydenH, Jan 3, 2017.

1. JaydenH Win User

HELP dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, atikmpag.sys constantly causing BSODs

I started fixing BSODs from when I first installed Windows 10 Home. See here: BSOD - Fresh Windows 10 64 Bit Install - Maybe Hardware problems

I have now updated to the latest Windows Build I believe. I have installed some motherboard software. I have installed the latest graphics card driver.

Now I'm getting more BSODs than ever and when I play TERA and League of Legends.

Please check out my report and help me stop this: Attachment 115836

Thank you in advance.

:)

JaydenH, Jan 3, 2017
  2. ms001123 Win User

Irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) BSOD error.

Original title: BSOD

Im getting page fault in nonpage are,irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) bsod`s. Can some1 please help me.

ms001123, Jan 3, 2017
  3. ms001123 Win User
    Irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) BSOD error.

Im getting page fault in nonpage are,irql less or equal(dxgmms1.sys) bsod`s. Can some1 please help me.

ms001123, Jan 3, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jan 4, 2017
  5. JaydenH Win User
    I tried downloading the latest driver from the AMD site and what was the same file I had installed before. So I've tried using the Beta driver and I keep getting bsods. Check out the latest two crashes: Attachment 116138

JaydenH, Jan 6, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    The last dumps all point to the video as a problem still.

As a test, remove the Radeon HD 6800 and use the built-in Intel HD Graphics 3000. See if the problem goes away. If yes then you can put the Radeon back in and try older drivers to see if one works better. Other than that replacing the video card seem like the only fix I see.

Ztruker, Jan 7, 2017
  7. JaydenH Win User
    Thanks I will try removing the graphics card, although I won't be able to test the same BSOD conditions as the Integrated Graphics most likely won't be able to run TERA or League of Legends.

I'll give it a crack though. Can issues with the video card stem from other components in the computer malfunctioning? Ie. Motherboard problems, power supply issues. I'm wary of buying a new graphics card and my other components destroying it.

JaydenH, Jan 7, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

All you mentioned plus memory can affect video.

I'd say try older drivers and see if you can find one that doesn't give you problems.

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  9. JaydenH Win User
    Question, if I slowly deduce which component of my computer is causing the problem (hardware wise) by replacing the parts component by component, will I be at risk of ruining new components I buy if say, the motherboard is actually causing the problems.

In your opinion, what is the best way of logically deducing which component is causing the problem? I really don't want to buy a whole new system. Are there any component within computers that are usually less likely to be causing an issue?

JaydenH, Jan 8, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    First thing to check is the voltages. You can do this in BIOS setup.

I've yet to damage a PC component by replacing parts one at a time. Does't mean it can't happen but it's not happened to me, that's all I can attest to.

As I said, start by trying older video drivers.

You can stress the GPU and see if you can get a clearer indication of it's being defective or not:
    ===================================================
    Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

-

Ztruker, Jan 8, 2017
  11. JaydenH Win User
    Thank you this is great information. I'll do some googling tonight, on healthy voltages, best drivers for the HD 6800, and then run the stress tests.

I'll let you know what I find out.

JaydenH, Jan 8, 2017
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Please do, I'm very interested.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, atikmpag.sys constantly causing BSODs - Similar Threads - HELP dxgmms1 sys

2. Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys": I've recently started having issues with this particular file. Device manager tells me everything is fine, windows is up to date, all my hard drives are in top shape. I've run image file and sfc a bazillion times and nothing seems to have gone wrong with it, I've also scanned...
  3. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  4. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  5. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  6. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  7. BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys

BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys: My laptop crashed with STOP code DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, stating that QCamain10x64.sys had failed, which according to Google, is the driver of my laptop's wireless adapter. Just to make sure before attempting to reinstall the driver via device manager, I saw this wiki...
  8. BSOD - qcamain10x64.sys help!

BSOD - qcamain10x64.sys help!: Hello, I have been experiencing repeated BSOD error screens on my Predator Helios 300 g3 571 77QK. I have removed and reinstalled the driver of Qualcom Atheros Wireless Lan and the problem persists. Can you help me? Here are my dump files and info file...
  9. dxgmms1.sys BSOD on older game (2006 and below)

dxgmms1.sys BSOD on older game (2006 and below): Greeting. I keep getting the BSOD described above on some of the old game I recently purchase on STEAM The list of game Star Wars Republic Commando Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines WhoCrashes V5.51 Stated that the system thread generated an exception which the...
  10. BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys

BSOD while moving Laptop error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys: Hello, I an having issues with the BSOD error system_service_exception dxgmms1.sys when i move my laptop from the table onto my lap. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 to try to remedy the problem from Windows 7. My computer is about 4 years old and I use it for...