Windows 10: Help - Firewall not Operating

Discus and support Help - Firewall not Operating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a warning my firewall is turned off but when I try to set the defaults I get the message below. Any ideas? [img] 116021 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Help - Firewall not Operating

I just got a warning my firewall is turned off but when I try to set the defaults I get the message below. Any ideas?

Help - Firewall not Operating [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Aug 15, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Krafter Win User

Suggest Firewall/AntiVir

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could please suggest a Firewall and Anti-Virus that is very easy on resources. Currently, I'm using Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5 (Does seem pretty easy), and no Anti-Vir.

Any help, thanks.

Krafter, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Help - Firewall not Operating - Similar Threads - Help Firewall Operating

2. Need Help With Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help With Windows Firewall: From this Windows Report article "How to see if Windows Firewall is blocking a port or program" I found that with this command netsh firewall show state showing different result in my machine.Please see below screenshots. See Ports currently open on all network interfaces...
  3. Need Help With Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help With Windows Firewall: From this Windows Report article "How to see if Windows Firewall is blocking a port or program" I found that with this command netsh firewall show state showing different result in my machine.Please see below screenshots. See Ports currently open on all network interfaces...
  4. Need help in firewall setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help in firewall setting: I have 2 anti-viruses being installed on my personal computer. One is from my employer as I am working from home and another one is mine.One is Kapersky Mine and K7 security employer.How do I disable/ reroute all of my firewall setting through Kapersky?I am not tech savvy, so...
  5. Firewall Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall Help: I'm trying to Allow spotify through Windows Firewall but when I go Control Panel>System & Security>Firewall There's no link to Allow and Block things I just got a new PC so I'm getting used to things, Replies are appreciated. submitted by /u/Imcold7 [link] [comments]...
  6. Help! Firewall issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Firewall issue: Hi, so im trying to add a video game to the exceptions thing on my firewall (so I can actually play it) and its not working. Sometimes it wont even let me go into my files to add it, but if it does, it gives me a popup saying "catastrophic failure" I have tried to reset the...
  7. Help - Firewall error 0x45B

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help - Firewall error 0x45B: I can't get the firewall to turn on. I keep getting the error 0x45b. The service is running. The task called "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall 2" is using constantly 11% - 18% of the CPU. When I execute any firewall related command in the cmd: "An unrecoverable Windows...
  8. Firewall Help

Firewall Help: Hello, I have the windows 10 system and I keep getting this notification that my firewall is off in both McAfee and in windows, it also shows that in the settings, and when I click on the McAfee app or look to where to actually put it on in settings it says that it's actually...
  9. Help - Firewall not Operating

Help - Firewall not Operating: I just got a warning my firewall is turned off but when I try to set the defaults I get the message below. Any ideas? [img] 116021
  10. Firewall resetting help

Firewall resetting help: Running Windows 10, windows firewall resets after boot everytime. Using avast, tried turning it off, and restarted, no change Goal is to add rules to block the internet for certain programs, but is deleted after restarting I have found literally one other thread that has...