Windows 10: Help for Windows 10 starts with windows.

Discus and support Help for Windows 10 starts with windows. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, does anyone know why at random times, once i've booted my pc this appears. is it a bug in win10 or with chrome ? [img] This is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xTL, Feb 20, 2018.

1. XTL
    xTL Win User

Help for Windows 10 starts with windows.

Hey guys, does anyone know why at random times, once i've booted my pc this appears.
    is it a bug in win10 or with chrome ?

Help for Windows 10 starts with windows. [​IMG]

This is my startup

any help is appreciated *Smile

:)

2. Without any warning suddenly my files are being put on sharepoint, also being uploaded to dropbox and synching, all in the last 2 days since the latest upgrade to WIndows 10

Without any warning suddenly my files are being put on sharepoint, also being uploaded to dropbox and synching, all in the last 2 days since the latest upgrade to Windows 10. I don't want any files uploaded. I do not know where they are being uploaded and
    who can view them.I do not know how to access these files to delete them. I am again horrified. While it is doing this it is also incredibly slow if I want to click on anything on the internet. How this helps creativity I can not imagine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

irritated with windows 10, Feb 20, 2018
  3. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE (AMOUNGST OTHER THINGS) TO BE ABLE TO TYPE IN GREEK.

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE (AMOUNGST OTHER THINGS) TO BE ABLE TO TYPE IN GREEK.

I AM TOLD THAT IF I GO TO THE TOOLS MENU ... THIS IS THE START OF THE PROBLEM - THERE IS NO TOOL BAR.,

SO GO TO THE DOTS, AND LOOK FOR INTERNET SETTINGS, WHERE I CAN CHANGE THE LANGUAGE.

I AM WORN OUT.

I WANT TO SMASH MY LAPTOP UP INTO TINY BITS.

IT WAS A VERY EXPENSIVE PRESENT LAST CHRISTMAS AND IT IS USLESS WITH WINDOWS 10 AND EDGE.

ALL I CAN DO IS SURF THE NET. I CAN DO THIS ON MY TABLET.

A VIRUS COULDN'T DO A BETTER JOB.

irritated with windows 10, Feb 20, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Does it happen when you click on the F1 function key? Or some other key which is set up as a help key?

philc43, Feb 20, 2018
  5. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Hi phil,
    When i'm at desktop and press F1 it takes me to.

flp i windows 10 - Bing

Other keys, F2 - F12 opens nothing.

6. Barman58 Win User
    I cannot say categorically what is causing this event (a bug is a specific issue that happens every time on every device with the same setup, so this is not a bug *Wink )

don't worry this should be solvable, but may take some time

There could be a very simple reason that this is happening. if this only appears when you open your browser, check the home screen is not set to this page in the browser settings, also windows has a new feature that will automatically reopen any apps, from a list of items, that are left open when shutting down - this could be the cause of the intermittent nature

If this is not the case then we need to look deeper ... ...

The basic items shown on the startup tab of task manager are not the only ones that apply to the start of a system, there are many other ways to start an event, including the windows Task scheduler

The best way I know to find the cause of this is a Microsoft Application available free from the Sysinternals Suite The applet you need is Autoruns which gives a tabbed view of every item that is set to start with windows Including items scheduled to run occasionally which sounds like could be the cause in your case

You may be quite shocked when you see the "everything" tab and compare it to the list you posted *Wink

This could be a scheduled item or a regular item that only runs when other factors are in place.

For safety purposes you should use the menu option to hide all Microsoft processes - prevent any issues during the search process

What you need to do is look at each tab of startup items until you see one that looks like it could be the cause of your issue - Concentrate on the Boot tab and the Scheduled task tab first but also check the others including the Image Hijacks (which is normally due to adware)

At the far left of each line in the list there is a checkbox - if you un-check this then the process will not be loaded the next time you reboot - so uncheck any item (only one at a time) and reboot and use the system, in your case for a few days may be needed as your issue is intermittent. (if you see the issue during this checking phase then obviously go back into autoruns and recheck the item sand look for another item that could be the cause.

This is unfortunately not a one click solution and can take a long time, Intermittent issues are the worst to troubleshoot, but the practice gained with using the Autoruns application is good for future troubleshooting

The second item I add to any system of mine, (after the anti malware systems), is the Sysinternals suite and it's full of small help applications that tames windows better than anything else, (especially those Fix Windows NOW!!!! type you see everywhere on the net.)

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  7. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Thank you Barman, this is indeed helpful *Smile
    i've actually played around with autoruns before in windows 7 but along time ago, but 4got about the program *Biggrin

" For safety purposes you should use the menu option to hide all Microsoft processes "
    Is Microsoft Entries the same thing *Smile?
    If not then i'm blind xD

8. Barman58 Win User

Yes it's the same - I'm not so much blind but getting old *chuckle

I did make an edit to suggest a simple possible cause after you had quoted post so than may be an idea to check first *Wink

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  9. XTL
    xTL Win User
    So my Boot Execute tab is clean.
    Also my Image Hijacks is clean.

Didn't find that much in Scheduled tasks.
    Tho, Intel telemetry 2 was ticked, i unticked that sucker ^^

But i did find something in Logon Tab

It's located at
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

And has string value of
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --restore-last-session --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

Could this be the could this be the culprit ? *Tongue

10. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Feb 20, 2018
  11. Barman58 Win User
    Best way to check, (and in reality the only way), is to uncheck the box and then reboot a few times then if it's the culprit after a few days when you are sure you can actually right click the entry and delete it

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  12. Barman58 Win User
    Oh the other thing I usually do is those File Not Found entries although they do not directly harm anything unchecking them will prevent them running and failing which will save time *Smile

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  13. XTL
    xTL Win User

14. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Will do, Thx man *Smile

Unticked most of them but these 5 game me error, telling me that i'm not allowed to change them...
    Do i ignore them or should i try to delete the entries ?

15. Barman58 Win User
    As with most of the Sysinternals suite everything is done at standard user level unless you opt for admin access

There is an option to run as administrator,and is located in the File menu, try to uncheck the items after clicking this option (it will cause a refresh of Autoruns)

if you ever get an error when in Administrator mode I would back away from that item and do further research (autoruns gives this access within the program Ctrl-M)

Those particular files are part of the 32/64 bit virtualization system so I have left them in place (not sure so stay cautious *Wink )

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Help for Windows 10 starts with windows. - Similar Threads - Help starts

2. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...
  3. Need help fixing right click IN the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help fixing right click IN the start menu: While trying to fix a prior issue i descovered that my right click has refused to work in the start menu. To clarify i can click on the start menu just fine its in the search in the menu that the right click is not working. the menu that is supposed to pop up after the right...
  4. I have recently started getting the blue screen dpc watchdog error, can someone help me...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have recently started getting the blue screen dpc watchdog error, can someone help me...: randomly getting the DPC watchdog blue screen repeatedly with no real rhyme or reasonthe PC seems to eventually boot correctly every 3rd time or so and then crash again after a while...
  5. I have recently started getting the blue screen dpc watchdog error, can someone help me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have recently started getting the blue screen dpc watchdog error, can someone help me...: randomly getting the DPC watchdog blue screen repeatedly with no real rhyme or reasonthe PC seems to eventually boot correctly ever 3rd time or so and then crash again after a while...
  6. I have recently started getting the blue screen dpc watchdog error, can someone help me...

I have recently started getting the blue screen dpc watchdog error, can someone help me...: randomly getting the DPC watchdog blue screen repeatedly with no real rhyme or reasonthe PC seems to eventually boot correctly ever 3rd time or so and then crash again after a while...
  7. I still need help! Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I still need help! Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-start-menu-settings-will-not-work/90de2c1d-388d-475e-9f9e-b2cae64c6047On my original account Smoothybigboy0 6 I made a thread called Audio Services, Start Menu, Settings will not work and the PC never resets...
  8. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  9. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  10. PC Suddenly Started Crashing when playing games, event viewer text included. need help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly Started Crashing when playing games, event viewer text included. need help...: So i bough this computer in 2020 it had no problems relating to this issue at all it all started 2 weeks ago, when I play games or put it under stress for more than 10 mins it always turns off, sometimes even in idle, I have experienced 2 types until now:1. it turns off...