Windows 10: Help forcing windows desktop search to use google instead of bing

Discus and support Help forcing windows desktop search to use google instead of bing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i am setting up a laptop for my son and want it when i do a search to use google instead of bing the laptop is running win 10 home 72263 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tobiassc, Dec 12, 2016.

1. tobiassc Win User

Help forcing windows desktop search to use google instead of bing

i am setting up a laptop for my son and want it when i do a search to use google instead of bing the laptop is running win 10 home

:)

tobiassc, Dec 12, 2016

2. make cortana use google search instead of bing

Hi Frank,

We appreciate your feedback and would appreciate it if you could send it to Microsoft. Click on this
    link and click on
    Send feedback to Microsoft.

Best regards.

Patricia Yu, Dec 12, 2016
  3. make cortana use google search instead of bing

When was the last time you got an update? I got one on 7 about a week or two ago! It would make sense for Microsoft to do this, as they do want money, and they want people to upgrade to their new os with built-in spyware!

CadenMitchell, Dec 12, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

dencal, Dec 12, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Dec 12, 2016
  6. tobiassc Win User
    i have chrome installed and it set to default

tobiassc, Dec 13, 2016
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    Now set your home page to google.

There is an extention to change the Cortana search from Bing to Google but MS put an end to that.

SonicBlue, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help forcing windows desktop search to use google instead of bing - Similar Threads - Help forcing desktop

2. Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing: Hello, Community. Google is my default search engine in Edge. When I do a web search from the Start Menu, however, it opens Bing in Edge. Is there a way to make it open Google in Edge? The only workarounds I have found so far require using a different browser than Edge. Edge...
  3. Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing: Hello, Community. Google is my default search engine in Edge. When I do a web search from the Start Menu, however, it opens Bing in Edge. Is there a way to make it open Google in Edge? The only workarounds I have found so far require using a different browser than Edge. Edge...
  4. Bing forced in the browser search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing forced in the browser search: Win10 Version 1903 Build 18362.720 Bing forced in the browser for me Chrome version 80.0.3987.163. i haven't found a way to prevent that although Google is entered as search engine, Bing does the search. I have to open the Google.com page every time I want to perform a...
  5. bing to google in windows 10 search

in Browsers and Email
    bing to google in windows 10 search: I have had several techs from duifferent sites try and helopme get ggole search instaed of bing as default in windows 100 search bar i have gone to microsoft edge and tried it there but none of the techs nor myself have been able to do it not sure if an update changed it bbut...
  6. I want to change Cortono search request to google Instead of Bing

in Cortana
    I want to change Cortono search request to google Instead of Bing: I want to change cortono search request to google instead of Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-cortono-search-request-to-google/0acd421f-d08c-418d-9a85-f87189dc3ad8"
  7. How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing)

in Cortana
    How to run Google at startup (instead of Bing): Bing was automatically loading at start up in Microsoft 10. I prefer to use Google am trying to figure out how to replace Bing with Google at startup. I was able to 'turn off' Bing (that's a whole other story.....had to go through the RegEdit process since turning off...
  8. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  9. Delete Bing search engine and add Google

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Bing search engine and add Google: How do I delete Bing search enging from Microsoft Edge and change to Google. I've already added Google, but how can I delete Bing? 11732
  10. Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.

in Browsers and Email
    Force Microsoft EDGE to open in GOOGLE NOT Bing.: Windows 10 Microsoft Edge opens in Bing. I would like it to open EVERY TIME using Google. I went to More Options, Open With, A Specific Page Of Pages shows Custom with Google below that. I then went to More Options, Settings, Advanced Settings, Search In The Address Bar...