Windows 10: Help! FSX not working on Windows 10 101240

Discus and support Help! FSX not working on Windows 10 101240 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a mystery to me, so I hope some of you FSX and computer experts can help me understand it and possibly solve it. I have been running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jschall, Jul 17, 2015.

1. jschall Win User

Help! FSX not working on Windows 10 101240

This is a mystery to me, so I hope some of you FSX and computer experts can help me understand it and possibly solve it.

I have been running the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my Dell XPS desktop for many months, with no effect on FSX. I have a AMD ATI Radeon graphics card (R9 200).

Two days ago, two things happened: there was a Windows Update to the "final" release (101240, I am on the Fast Ring) and also an update to the Catalyst Manager.(to Subsequently, FSX will only display a black screen in Free Flight mode. The sound works, but there is no display except for a distorted still image of the selected aircraft.

I then uninstalled and re-installed FSX from DVD, but the same problem persists. I rolled back the Radeon driver to no avail.

Desperate, I then installed Steam and purchased FSX Steam Edition. No difference.

Finally I decided to re-install Prepar3D v2.5. It works perfectly.

It seems that this "final" version of Windows 10 only allows DirectX 12 to be installed. And FSX and FSX_SE can only work with DX 10 and 11. Meantime, Prepar3D has been written to work with DX 12 and/or OpenGL.

Any ideas? Has anybody experienced anything similar?

:)

jschall, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Roypok Win User

Flight Sim. 2004 not working since upgrading to Windows 10

Installed Window 10 and FSX and FSX Steam work great but can`t get FS2004 to load. Any help greatly appreciated!!Thanks

Roypok, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Problems installing Flight simulator X, at windows 10, 64 bit

I tried all the solutions I could find regarding how to successfully install FSX in Windows 10. Either they did not work or provided a very unstable platform. Then, I heard about FSX Steam. For about $29 or so, signed up and downloaded FSX Steam. Remarkably,
    it works better and is less "glitchy" than MS FSX prior to loading Windows 10. In a word, it works PERFECTLY!

JeromeLandry, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

I don't think DirectX 12 is actually functional, I know what I had to do was install a DirectX 9c using the web installer

I believe this is the correct link
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=35

though it says 9c I think what it does is actually installs DirectX 11,10 and 9c

that is what I had to do to get some of my games to run properly, I hope that works for you.

Trust_No1, Jul 18, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    FSX, being an older game is Dx9 dependent. Dx11 if installed by itself only has problem of missing some Dx9 files. You can install Dx9 from that link and it will just ad files needed and make it more compatible without damaging Dx10,11, or 12. To use Dx12, compatible hardware, drivers and game all have to be there, if one of those is missing Dx12 will not be used, just like with all other older one DirectX.

CountMike, Jul 18, 2015
  6. I had no luck installing other versions of DirectX - I kept getting the message that I had a newer version already installed. What I stumbled upon was checking the "Preview Direct 10" in the Settings/Graphics options in FSX. Of course, that didn't work before in previous Windows iterations but now it does. Oh well. Now if I can just get my PC 6 Porter textures to work.

gregorygaskill, Sep 12, 2015
  7. ram1220 Win User
    I still use FS9 (never liked 10) Anyway there are several topics over on Flightsim.com about FS9 users not able to start or run FS9. Like you said a MS update screwed things up. The fix is to download the no cd crack and then the game works perfectly. Not sure if there is something similar for FSX or not. Others have also uninstalled the MS update and the game working.

ram1220, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Mc Ruff Win User

The steam version of FSX has just been fixed. Before they fixed it I found I could push the Windows Key to drop me to the desktop. I could then click on the game and it would then work properly instead of the black screen.

Mc Ruff, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Hoetti Win User
    Windows 10: Thanks for your help. After clicking the "Preview Direct 10" button, everything works fine. Now I can see the progress button of the FSX and after finishing the flight, the system returns now to the start menue.

Hoetti, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help! FSX not working on Windows 10 101240 - Similar Threads - Help FSX working

2. FSX Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FSX Windows 10: I have a copy of FSX on my Windows 10 computer. I am getting the error code 8-c0000006 as a reason that the activation window will not show up but have access to the 30 minute trial version running in compatibility mode for Vista. Is there any way I can run the activation...
  3. FSX Not Installing On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Not Installing On Windows 10: Hello Microsoft Community, I am attempting to install Flight Simulator X from a disc and during the installation, an error message appears. That error message is “Error 1603: Fatal error during installation.”. I was able to install FSX on the same machine when it was...
  4. Fsx windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fsx windows 10 install: Just bought a new laptop, details below https://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/item/N237806W?cidp=Froogle&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzovro6iP4gIV2Od3Ch30awqfEAQYBCABEgLaEvD_BwE Installed Flight Sim X, installation compelted , i noticeed it didn’t create a...
  5. WINDOWS 10 FSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 FSX: WINDOWS 10 FSX Does not accept loaded airplanes-any suggested assistance sites or downloaded tutorials available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fsx/f198ac53-8e30-464f-b556-a57d292d0225
  6. FSX 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX 10: I cannot get the real world weather to update to the current conditions. The real world weather is stuck in a ptyaaern used in the past. Any help is welcomed. Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Weather...
  7. FSX 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX 10: I cannot get the real world weather to update to the current conditions. The real world weather is stuck in a ptyaaern used in the past. Any help is welcomed. Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings...
  8. FSX 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    FSX 10: I cannot get the real world weather to update to the current conditions. The real world weather is stuck in a ptyaaern used in the past. Any help is welcomed....
  9. Fsx crashes on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fsx crashes on windows 10: Problem occurs when any helicopter is flown the program crashs FSX out ,no error message the whole the FSX closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx-crashes-on-windows-10/b5bed4d9-a6a4-4cf9-9c65-c77856887e48
  10. windows 10 graphics and fsx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 graphics and fsx: Good day All first post so I hope it is in the correct place. I upgraded from W7 to W10 and the only problem I had with fsx was that my 2nd monitor(acer AL1715) will only show the right hand half of the screen when I drag a screenshot from the No1 monitor(Samsung syncmaster...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. real world weather on fsx not working

2. real world weather fsx not working

3. fsx real world weather not working

4. fsx not working windows 10