Windows 10: Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back

Discus and support Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Help! I've tried everything I know to get the Metro (blue) boot screen back, but all I get is the old 7-style B/W screen. I've done the BCDEDIT stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, Jun 18, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back

Help! I've tried everything I know to get the Metro (blue) boot screen back, but all I get is the old 7-style B/W screen. I've done the BCDEDIT stuff (bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard), SFC /SCANNOW, re-booted back and forth 10 to 8.1 back to 10. Very annoying! Anyone have any tricks?

:)

f14tomcat, Jun 18, 2015

2. Bringing over pinned tiles from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Hi Glen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you lost pinned websites in metro screen during upgrade.

As it is websites pinned in metro screen there is no way that you can retrieve this, I would suggest you to search manually with your search engine.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 18, 2015
  3. Just did win 10 upgrade now I'm getting black screen with cursor after boot up. Can't do anything. How do I solve this or Uninstall and go back to win 7?

If you can get to the login screen.

1. Click on Power button on Login Screen, hold down SHIFT key and then click on Restart option. It'll open "Advanced Startup
    Screen" as mentioned here.

2. Now go to "Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options"

click on "Go back to the previous build" option if you want to revert back.

otherwise choose repair.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 18, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Fixed! I shot myself in the foot playing with BCDEDIT! Re-image and all ok!

f14tomcat, Jun 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back - Similar Threads - Help getting Metro

2. Help getting back into Facebook?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help getting back into Facebook?: I know you usually can't help with social media, but I wanted to know what to do about getting back into Facebook. I deleted my account a few months ago, but I wanted to create a new account with the same name. However, I've been locked out. They told me I had to submit...
  3. Metro(start)screen formatted wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metro(start)screen formatted wrong: My metro ,start screen TILES, are way down from the top and I've never seen this before, how do fix it ? Pls see attached photo of problem:*(Windows default virus protections has found no sign of infection) [IMG]...
  4. One Click to Metro Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Click to Metro Screen: Question: Can the Windows Key be configured to open the Metro Screen? I see in startup how to change pc to startup to metro instead of desktop mode. That's not what I want. I want to know if there is a one-click option to jump right to the FULL screen of Metro Apps. My...
  5. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...
  6. W10 suddenly switched back to metro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 suddenly switched back to metro: So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had any issues until now. All of a sudden, after logging it, it switched back to metro. I can't get rid of it. My classic shell...
  7. Any way to get metro apps back?

Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264
  8. Need help reinstalling metro apps

Need help reinstalling metro apps: I was installing this new game and it had errors, part of the troubleshooting of said game was to nuke the app data folder. I have deleted things from this folder in the past on previous OSes just fine with no issues. However after killing this folder the start menu did not...
  9. Always Log On To The Start Screen (Metro)???

in Windows 10 Support
    Always Log On To The Start Screen (Metro)???: I want to always log on to the Start screen with the tiles. I've found several sites with the info on how to configure this. Here is one. How To Always Log On To The Start Screen (Metro) On Windows 10 When You Sign On Liberian Geek However, these instructions all show a...
  10. Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader: I didn't know which thread to post this topic in, thought this was the right one. Mods, if you think there is a more relevant thread to post this in, please make the necessary changes. Thank you. Onwards to my issue: I just recently decided to dual boot my UEFI-based...