Windows 10: Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window

Discus and support Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I drag a window it shows an outline of multiple preset gray boxes that will snap said window into place. It's real annoying because it changes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Happy Kiwi, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window

When I drag a window it shows an outline of multiple preset gray boxes that will snap said window into place. It's real annoying because it changes the window sizes and I have to manually stretch it out again just to read something. Does anyone know how to disable this feature on Windows 10? It looks like this
    Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window [​IMG]

:)

Happy Kiwi, Dec 31, 2016

2. I need help getting rid of a computer RAT

First, why are you running Avast and McAfee? Running two real-time security programs will cause conflicts and can be partially responsible for your situation. Get rid of one and use the removal tool.

List of anti-malware product removal tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Since you have an assortment of malware, you might not need all of these, but start at the top and reboot after each one. Check for updates first and then scan with each one at a time until your machine is clean.

TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility

Download TDSSKiller

RogueKiller

Download RogueKiller

RKill

Download RKill

SuperAntiSpyware

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

AdwCleaner (Free)

Download AdwCleaner

Malwarebytes (Get the free version)

Anti-Malware Premium 14-day Free Trial

When offered, uncheck: Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

Junkware Removal Tool (Free)

Download Junkware Removal Tool

HitmanPro (30 day free trial)

HitmanPro.Alert Ransomware Prevention, Secondary Scanner and Zero-Day Exploit Protection | hitmanpro.com

Bruce Hagen, Dec 31, 2016
  3. I need help getting rid of a computer RAT

You're very welcome.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 31, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window

Welcome to TenForums!

It's not a feature of Windows 10. It's a feature of Dell PremierColor (or MSI "TRUE COLOR" or another 'helpful' OEM tool with the same function). See this Solved thread with the same problem...
    Windows 10 how to disable snap popup when you move a window

5. Thanks much!

Happy Kiwi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window

1. Help getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window - Similar Threads - Help getting rid

2. How to get rid of transparent box on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of transparent box on screen: There is a transparent box on screen which I cannot get rid off. I can see through the box but I cannot click on links within the box. It is like a transparent plastic that allows me to see but prevent me from doing anything. Appreciate help.Can you see the transparent...
  3. How to get rid of transparent box on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of transparent box on screen: There is a transparent box on screen which I cannot get rid off. I can see through the box but I cannot click on links within the box. It is like a transparent plastic that allows me to see but prevent me from doing anything. Appreciate help.Can you see the transparent...
  4. get rid of "finalize the string box"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get rid of "finalize the string box": Hi, I'm using the Vietnamese keyboard that I installed in "Language & region" setting. I keep encounter the "finalize the string" box. How do I get rid of it without using third-party software or uninstalling the language ?...
  5. get rid of "finalize the string box"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get rid of "finalize the string box": Hi, I'm using the Vietnamese keyboard that I installed in "Language & region" setting. I keep encounter the "finalize the string" box. How do I get rid of it without using third-party software or uninstalling the language ?...
  6. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...
  7. Need help on changing drag box to normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help on changing drag box to normal: [ATTACH] When I click and hold my left mouse button on the desktop, it does not highlight the area with the blue box. It instead highlights it in a empty white box. How can I change it to normal? Currently it looks like this -...
  8. how to get rid of blue box

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of blue box: All of a sudden I got a blue box attached to curser, it highlights everything that curser touches. My desktop icons disappeared and y apps list came up, desktop now is back up after 3 hrs of trying to fix. Blue box still there and interferes with every action I do. Even now...
  9. Help get rid of this blue box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help get rid of this blue box: [IMG] How can I get rid of the blue box, taskbar shortcut from popping up while playing games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/help-get-rid-of-this-blue-box/ca31aea4-9d3b-46ce-ad5f-fed8c2fa9048
  10. Getting rid of "snap" while retaining ability to drag maximized window

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting rid of "snap" while retaining ability to drag maximized window: If you have Snap enabled (I don't want it) you are able to drag a maximized window by the titlebar. If you have Snap disabled you are not able to drag a maximized window by the titlebar. I would like the ability to drag a maximized window, while not using the Snap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting rid of preset boxes while dragging a window